Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Interstate Batteries etc/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interstate Batteries etc/

When I bought the 'retirement rig' last November, it was outfitted with fouir interstate batteries; three for the 36v tm and one crankin' batter.

Since that day, the dealer has replaced ALL FOUR batteries (as of today). Praise the Lord for good warranty (30 month prorated) but I know enough about these interstate batteries to not ever buy another.

I've also gone through one minnkota on-board charger, one trailer axle and two tiresw/rims, a Lowrance LMS 520--all covered by the dealer. Oh yeah--and a prop (long story) covered by your's truly to the tune of $136.00.

The dealer has done me well. Now, today, I discovered that my port side pontoon is taking on a little water. We'll see how that works out. :o

aj

Sometimes I kinda wish I'd a saved all that money and just bought a 'broke in' rig.

Post Thanks / Like

can't get quality stuff anymore

Post Thanks / Like

that is how boats are. As soon as you fix one problem, another arises. It is a endless cycle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yup, I can't wait to...

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJM View Post
    that is how boats are. As soon as you fix one problem, another arises. It is a endless cycle
    ...get after the white tail and the turkey when bow season begins 1 October.

While the fish are takin' a vacation and the boat is cantankerous, I will play around with a few food plot plantings.

Variety is the spice of life, you know. :D

aj

Post Thanks / Like

When i bought my tracker in 2000 it came with an interstate battery for the TM never had any problems with it may be you just got a bad one.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

read on another site that if you ever let the water level get low in them (interstate batteries)their toast.mine are a little over a year old and doing good so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interstate batteries...

are a division of Johson Controls battery division. They are ok, but the Optima line is what you want for your boat. Little pricey, but when you consider that they never take water (gel cell spiral wrap technology) and can be installed in any position, etc. you won't have to replace them for a looooong time.

If you haven't already:

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...batteries.html

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking you have a charging problem. I dont have any problems with my Interstate either.

The demise of the batteries could have been due to a defective or incorrect charging unit.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!