Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wylie Thur Nite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wylie Thur Nite

Went over to Allison Creek Landing last nite to hook up with Rango, Tool and the beast. We waited awhile to see if Pete was gonna make it and when he didn't show we headed out for a spot in the creek. I knew where we were gonna fish and I coulda got there earlier and set up but I knew I would just never get the anchor set like Rango would or I would be off the spot or I'd be pointed the wrong way or some other travesty that would have resulted in listening to Rango complain all nite so I just waited until Rango and Tool had the beast anchored just the way Rango likes. As I motored over to tie up with the beast Rango indicated I could tie up on either side I wanted. I was confused as Rango always tells me which side to tie up on and it's always the wrong side. Anyway, I picked my side and we got the 2 boats tied together. Then Rango proceeded to set his rods out the back of the beast. That's when I realized that rango didn't have me on the wrong side...he had me on the wrong END! He's got more tricks than a $3....bad girl.
    It didn't take long for Tool to land the first crappie. A short time later I heard Tool utter those words often heard on the beast...."Rango,,,bite!" If it wasn't for evrybody feelin sorry for him and watchin his rods for him I don't know if the old fella would ever land a fish. Rango landed that fish and soon Tool caught a good sized one that came off at the boat. I finally started catching fish and we settled in for what looked like it was gonna be a good nite of catching crappies. i had one get off next to the boat and immediately was accused of trying to lift a netter but since neither of those guys saw the fish I told 'em is was a lifter that just spit the hook. Them not seein that fish was about the best luck I had all nite. The bite never really got goin, just kinda plugged along all nite. I might have even caught the most crappies and Tool caught the most catfish for sure. We had agreed to give all the fish to Tool as he is trying to accumulate enough for a family fish fry. Rango coulda caught more if he didn't have his back to his rods half the time. I heard a kinda sound like "pfsssst" come from Rango's spot several time during the evening. I left about 1am and those guys kept fishin hoping for the bite to take off and I hope it did. As always it was a great nite of socializing. I was able to kick in 9 crappies and a catfish for Tools fish fry. The water was real high (full pool) but not muddy. Temp was still high at 83.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to bum u all out. i had to play a little catch up with school work. maby next time it will be a go for me.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report kunes.I was gonna go out this weekend , but may wait now to see whats the water will do.I'll probably stop by the lake on my way home and check it out.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    sorry to bum u all out. i had to play a little catch up with school work. maby next time it will be a go for me.
    No problem pete. i knew to wait till 8:15 to see if you could make it so we pulled out at that time. i wanted to make sure we dint leave early and you was busting your gonads trying to get there and make before 8:15 to find the beast had set sail. If that would have happened i figgered youd mutiny on my and not tell me anymore when i was gettin bites.......
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

you wanna hear me crow like a rooster on a cold morning, let one of your anchors pull loose and have us drifting and swaying all over the lake when we got a setup going. thats worse than paying five dollar for something thats not worth more than three...
    being the gentleman i am,, when kunes pulled up and asked what side i wanted him to tie up to, i told him take your choice and take the side you want. poor feller was speechless and i think he was playing eeny meeny minee mo to make his pick. having a chance to make such an important decision was allmost beyond him but he picked after a long and thoughtful silence and settled down thinking he got the hot side when i promptly set my holders up to fish off the back.. poor feller felt then hed screwed up ... but it was too late, he had made his choice and my rods was in the water. tool, being a fairly newcomer to the politics involved in settin the beast up at night was silent, observing this major event. when he gets a little more travel time in the beast he'll promptly direct the boat where he wants it like pete does. pete is not as kind as i am and will demand his side and direct any hook ups to the off side so as not to interfere with his bite. a few more years with pete and i should be able to make a gentleman out of him to.. its sorta doubtful but we'll see what happens.
    tool, ignoring the huffin and puffin going on tween me and kunes immediately had rods in the water and was catching fish. then kunes started catching fish and i still dint have any lines wet. after i finished making my rounds to be sure everyting was secure for the night, i got some lines in settled in and right off the bat,, i had kunes and tool both hollering i was gettin bites. id just got settled down and comfortable when they got to shouting and pointin and gettin all excited. I declare, its hard to get a few minutes of peaceful quiet around this crowd. i turned around and looked and sure enought i had a rod or two dancing. thanks guys for helping me get started. dont know what id do without all that help. but me being the captain of the boat, i get credit for all fish caught and we wound up with 26 crappie and 11 catfish,, the biggest cat going five lbs and 7 oz. the water temp was 83 starting out. i figgered all the rain would have cooled it off more. but where we fished it was clearer than i would have thought considering the past few days. the crappie was all on the small side, with just a couple netters. we kept everything, helping tool get up enought for his fishfry . i have no problem with keeping a bucket of taterchips for a fish fry as long as i aint the one having to clean em.. i learnt my lesson on that one back in the spring. kunes did hook one that sounded like a beaver on his side of the boat slapping the water with his tail, splashing and carrying on, rocking his boat and had his rod cracking and groaning. then it suddenly got quiet and the fish made a giant sucking sound trying to get back down to crappieville. kunes was silent and i asked him,, kunes,, you did not try to lift a netter did you? please dont tell me you done that....he hesitated and said nah,, it was just a lifter that got off when i went to lift him. i think he was rememberiing how it affected the crew that night he seen danny try to lift a good three pounder without the net and he was trying to avoid that at all costs.. i still think it was a netter based on the evidence, but since i just heard the fish and dint see it,,,,, cant take issue with it... net service in the beast is one of the few things in life thats totally fee of charge.
    a lot has been said about the strange odors coming forth from the beast.. last night when kunes left tool moved his setup to that side and figgered hed give em a try to see if he could catch some kunes missed and right away he started catching a ton of catfish. we both come to the same conclusion. catfish are attracted to strong odors and that being where kunes was settin, well you can put two and two together. i dint notice nothing unusualy strong where hed been, but my smeller aint as good as a catfish. I think this needs more looking into.. Maybe the beast has been falsely accused here.. just speculation tho as i aint about to do a sniff test on any of the crew, thats for certain. after all im a gentleman. tool held up fine under the rigors of being a fairly newbie crewmember on the beast and is well on his way to becoming a seasoned and harded veteran capable of handling any of the chores that needs to be done for a night of sucessful fishing. not a lot of impressive fish was caught but everyone had a great time and enjoyed the night and therein lies the sucess.. looking foward to the next adventure...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey do you guys think if I got back in a creek out of the channel , the water wouldn't be as bad brown?I know the lights don't do what they oughta when the water is so dirty.I wanna fish so bad it's killing me , but I don't know if I can take another skunkin'.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

the water last night was pretty clear. we was in a cove right below the nuke plant. actually it was a lot clearer than i anticipated after all this rain. soons we can set it up eric we gonna set up one night with four boats. anchoring two of em parallel with enough room tween them to tie off one boat at each end, making a "square circle" and everyone settin their lights off toward the center and fishing around the circle. sorta like being around a campfire. we was wondering if youd like to be one of the boats in this circle. with your pontoon it would be a good anchor boat. If we can get your boat, mine and kunes boat, all wed need is one more to complete the circle. that should be interesting to see what happens and will also give everyone a chance to socialize and meet one another. we gonna do it when we can get a night everyone can make it and would like for each boat to bring a friend or two to join us.. let me know if youd like to be one of the anchor boats..

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing circle

if you guys need a forth boat I would really like to join you.I've been fishing with my wife and son on hickory for the past couple months and i'm ready to try wylie and i'm sure with that many people it would be a good chance for me and my son to learn a few things and meet your gang, sounds like you guys know how to enjoy fishing

Post Thanks / Like

cspen--you probably don't have to wait 'til we organize the circle event to get a first hand view of what goes on. I'm sure one or more of us could hook up with you one nite and show ya how we do it. Boat traffic on the weekends will be dying down soon so more of us will be out on Fri and Sat nite.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

kunes just let me know when,I'm working four days a week with my day off changing, moving up one day every week so I can get away on a week night or weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast