Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: tungsten jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default tungsten jigs?

have been hearing all about the new tungsten weight how they are smaller and what not, but just crossed my mind, do they make tungsten jig heads? would be great for heavier jigs, bout the biggest i really use is 1/16, but if i could get an 1/8 that was the same size as a 1/16...man the wheels in my brain are spinning now

HB

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know of any made for crappie, they make'em for bass and they are expensive, like 1.25 apiece, i would hate to lose four or five of those in a brush pile,, if you find any with crappie sized hooks on them let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

talk to tim at Timmy Tom's "Lead Free" Jig Co. he makes the best 1/8 oz tin jig on a 1/0 to a #2. The 1/16 is big but the 1/8 is giant and SHINY!!! Never loses its luster.

Post Thanks / Like

hillbilly you are on to something you should follow through and get them made yourself.i use them exclusively worm fishing for bass and they are the bomb half the size of lead for real. when you get em made i will buy some.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats IDEAS $$$$ MONEY,GOT THAT WRIGHT!!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    talk to tim at Timmy Tom's "Lead Free" Jig Co. he makes the best 1/8 oz tin jig on a 1/0 to a #2. The 1/16 is big but the 1/8 is giant and SHINY!!! Never loses its luster.
    Thanks SAC. i just got an order in from thump its. and am going to have to put another one in as i can see i need it:D
    1/32 Cool ill have to see if that feller can make them with a willow leaf!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly910 View Post
    bout the biggest i really use is 1/16, but if i could get an 1/8 that was the same size as a 1/16...man the wheels in my brain are spinning now

HB
    If what you want is weight and small size Timmy Toms aren't what you want. His alloy jigs are much lighter in the same sizes as normal jigs, so you'd have to get a 1/8 size to basically get a 1/16 weight jig. Tungsten is just the opposite. The jigs that are the 1/16 size will be weigh closer to a normal 1/8 jig.

Here are some tungsten jigs.

http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklesto...e.cfm?PID=5032
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

i see i kinda typed that backwards, i was hoping for a 1/16th sized bait that weighs 1/8, so a smaller heavy bait, not a larger lighter one.

That link only had crappie sized jigs to 1/16, not really much help, was hoping for 1/8 and 1/4 ounce size tungsten jigs with crappie hooks. No doubt if i ever do find them, i'll need to take out a loan to get a dozen.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

!!
    Reel foot yankee