Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crankbait for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default crankbait for crappie

anybody ever try cranks this way (hope pic shows up)was going through my bandits and have a lot of 100 and 200`s and was wondering how this approach worked thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Blue

Looks like it would work unless the cranks got tangled up. You don't show what the spacing length would be between the two of them.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

To darn technical for me!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The rod tip will go crazy with the cranks pulling in the water at the speed you need to go to make the cranks work right. That being said, I like to try things that are different!!!
    Try it and let us know how it works for you.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redy2Fish View Post
    To darn technical for me!
    yeah thats what i was thinking,saved tjhe pic off here last fall.yesterday i was going through my bandit 100`s to sell and their in such good shape i hate to sell them.trying to find a use for them:o

Post Thanks / Like

I did something similar one day early last week. But I used a bandit 300 on the bottom and a 200 on top.

I was careful when deploying them in the water so they wouldn't tangle. They trolled just fine most of the evening with no apparent difference in my rod pulsations while underway.

There is a downside though. I was trolling about 10:00 that evening and got too close to some buckbrush. There I was in semi-pitch blackness and before I knew it the rod was bent DOUBLE and snapped before I could react. Lost BOTH Bandits--75 feet behind the boat.

It is definitely NOT with this crappie fisherman's effort. I deviated from my normal philosophy (Keep it simple, stupid [KISS]) and PAID for it. Rod - $30; Bandits $10.

No mass....no mass.

aj
    Last edited by Arkie John; 06-08-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Blueball use your 100's and 200's with the egg sinker but 1 at a time on a drop pole.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

bb, that rig is somewhat like a down rigger. What I have done to make the Bandits go deeper is to add a 'bullit' weight in front of the leader swivel. My trolling rig has a line counter reel, spooled with 6lb size, 30lb strenght, Power Pro braid. I have a swivel and a 15lb test leader about 2ft long. Putting out 80 to 120ft of line. By adding a 1/4 oz bullit weight in front of the swivel will give me about 6ft more of depth at 100ft out with the 100's. This doesn't effect the action of the lure and VERY easy to rigg. >*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everybody will give the extra weight a try,never trolled cranks before,got new poles and line counter reels and they sent me the wrong line today so i will have to send it back tomorrow.maybe i will get to try it next week when i get my line in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Set your drag loose

that way if you get hung up, you don't break your pole. I just started learning how to pull cranks and have gotten hung up a couple times without my pole breaking. Heard my drag screaming like crazy and simply cut the line off with any damage to my pole. Creekslick KNOWs what he's doing so listen to any advise he may give ya as well
    proud member of "Team Cup"