PDA

View Full Version : 1197 Mount

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm putting this on the forum, because I can not find it with the search. But a while back there was a guy that was making a sliding mount for his 1197. I sure would like to see some pictures of that mount.
Also any other suggestion for mounting this big screen. I had it mounted pretty well on the old boat, but that setup is not going to work on the new boat.
So I'm open for any suggestions :D

skiptomylu
06-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm putting this on the forum, because I can not find it with the search. But a while back there was a guy that was making a sliding mount for his 1197. I sure would like to see some pictures of that mount.
Also any other suggestion for mounting this big screen. I had it mounted pretty well on the old boat, but that setup is not going to work on the new boat.
So I'm open for any suggestions :D

Don't know what you had it mounted with on your old boat, but I used a large Ram Mount on mine.

Skip

1perchjerker
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Are you talking about the unit itself or are you speaking of the Transducer.
I saw a powered setup not long ago that moved the transducer up and down but I don't where it was posted.
1perchjerker

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Don't know what you had it mounted with on your old boat, but I used a large Ram Mount on mine.

Skip

I have the large RAM mount also, just not much room to mount.

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Are you talking about the unit itself or are you speaking of the Transducer.
I saw a powered setup not long ago that moved the transducer up and down but I don't where it was posted.
1perchjerker

The Unit itself, some guy on here a few months back was doing some type of slide for the unit. He said it would allow him to slide it from console to bow.
But he never posted any pics.

PawPaw "gene"
06-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Alan, check out canepoles solution.

"gene"

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/94620-new-ram-mount-kinda-small-video.html

skiptomylu
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
I have the large RAM mount also, just not much room to mount.

For sure room is or can be a problem as that is a monster size unit. I have mine so it lays even just above the mounting plate and not standing up at all really. I don't know how to say it so it's easy to see in ones mind. However the first ball joint it come right at me so the only room it needed was the screen which is about 4"-5" in front of the mount plate. So it come right at me from where I put it which is on the left side of my console dash top.

This turned out to be a really bad picture, but I think you can see where my Lowrance was before the 1197 when in it's place. That is where I have it mounted. Also it's not up like the Lowrance and it is as flat as it can be to the console top dash.

Skip
Now the 1197 is in the same place.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/skip48_photos/Captured2007-5-1300002.jpg

foul hook
06-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Ram has a hvy duty mount that works great. Quick disconnect and allows for some shock. I have 2, 900 series and haven't found anything better yet.

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Alan, check out canepoles solution.

"gene"

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/94620-new-ram-mount-kinda-small-video.html

Thanks Mr. Gene but right now I'm looking for ideas on mounting the main unit. I do not have the deck space in front of the console I had on my old boat to mount my home made arm to hold the ram mount and unit. :(

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-08-2009, 03:14 PM
For sure room is or can be a problem as that is a monster size unit. I have mine so it lays even just above the mounting plate and not standing up at all really. I don't know how to say it so it's easy to see in ones mind. However the first ball joint it come right at me so the only room it needed was the screen which is about 4"-5" in front of the mount plate. So it come right at me from where I put it which is on the left side of my console dash top.

This turned out to be a really bad picture, but I think you can see where my Lowrance was before the 1197 when in it's place. That is where I have it mounted. Also it's not up like the Lowrance and it is as flat as it can be to the console top dash.

Skip
Now the 1197 is in the same place.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/skip48_photos/Captured2007-5-1300002.jpg

So you don't have any problem with the plastic console with that much weight???

reggis
06-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm the guy that has mine mounted so that i can slide it from drivers seat to where i can use it from the bow.

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm the guy that has mine mounted so that i can slide it from drivers seat to where i can use it from the bow.

Could you please post some pictures, or more detail on how you done it.
Thanks

skiptomylu
06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
So you don't have any problem with the plastic console with that much weight???

Not at all, but it screws do go all the way through. I am not sure, but there may be wood under and I will check for you in a bit.

SKip

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Not at all, but it screws do go all the way through. I am not sure, but there may be wood under and I will check for you in a bit.

SKip

Thanks still have not made up my mind where to put the big screen :D

reggis
06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Could you please post some pictures, or more detail on how you done it.
Thanks

Yes i will try to get some pictures tomorrow and post them tomorrow night. I have a 2004 175 basstracker.

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes i will try to get some pictures tomorrow and post them tomorrow night. I have a 2004 175 basstracker.

PawPaw "gene"
06-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Alan, I remember that post now. It was some kind of channel or something mounted on the side of the boat that would allow him to slide it back toward the cockpit or forward to the front of the boat. I think he was just telling us about his experimenting and didn't put up a picture.

"gene"

PawPaw "gene"
06-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Alan, here the one I think you were talking about.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishing-electronics-trolling-motors/85827-im-process-fixing-my-new-1197c-si.html

"gene"

'

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Alan, here the one I think you were talking about.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishing-electronics-trolling-motors/85827-im-process-fixing-my-new-1197c-si.html

"gene"

'

That's the one. He said he would post some pictures, thanks.

skiptomylu
06-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks still have not made up my mind where to put the big screen :D

With my bad back I couldn't get down there myself, but I got my wife to and she said it looks like there is some kind of fiberglass under that console deck, but I am not sure about that. She did say under it was a different color.

Sorry couldn't do more, but you can always call Advantage Marine and they can tell you or some other Lund Dealer. Advantage Marine is the only Lund Dealer in Texas and is in Dallas area.

However I can tell you I don't have any problems with it mounted where it is.

Skip

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-12-2009, 10:44 AM
With my bad back I couldn't get down there myself, but I got my wife to and she said it looks like there is some kind of fiberglass under that console deck, but I am not sure about that. She did say under it was a different color.

Sorry couldn't do more, but you can always call Advantage Marine and they can tell you or some other Lund Dealer. Advantage Marine is the only Lund Dealer in Texas and is in Dallas area.

However I can tell you I don't have any problems with it mounted where it is.

Skip

Thanks, I have been looking at mine today. I think I can get some extra support under there, if I go that way. Again thanks for all your help. :)

reggis
06-12-2009, 09:41 PM
My daughter attempted to post my pictures but it said my GB were too large for this board to handle. I send you a email.

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-13-2009, 08:03 AM
My daughter attempted to post my pictures but it said my GB were too large for this board to handle. I send you a email.

Thanks, I replyed with a message and e-mail.

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-13-2009, 09:59 AM

I'm posting these for you. The setup looks good. Thanks for the pictures :)

Fisherman_Wantabe
06-13-2009, 10:01 AM
couple more pictures

reggis
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Glad you got the pictures and glad you posted them on here for me. There's a generation gap between me and a computer. Hope somehow these may help you. The bar is made out of 1" stainless steel and inside the sleeve that goes over it i put some felt then sprayed silicone in it and it slides up and back with ease. The fishfinder mount i took and expanded a piece of tubing so it would go over the regular size tubing to fasten the fishfinder bracket to.