Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mr. Yates, where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. Yates, where are you?

Hey Larry, what's going on? It didn't seem right having a tournament at East Fork and you not being around. I had heard you might not fish them anymore, guess it was true. Hopefully you change your mind and come back out. Either way, I'm sure we'll see you on the lake sooner or later.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry...What's happened?

Did you just get tired of East Fork or did something happen? Hope you're going to still fish the BCC tourneys. We aren't fishing Delaware. So hope to see you at the EF BCC tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

You big sissy...Jones and Jones said they want their crappie nibbles back too!!!Your lucky i could not come down to the river today and put it on you...MAN UP...I'LL DOT THAT I ,I,I,I...We already miss you man...I mean we miss your donation...LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Legend leaves his tournament?

I just wanted to take the time to thank Mr Yates for getting me into crappie fishing 13 years ago. I was a young kid fishing back in slab and I pulled up to next to him fishing some timber. I watched him catch 50 fish in less than a hour and could not get the hang of it. He took the time to show me what he was using and also showed me some tricks of the trade. Yates to me was much more than just a fisherman. He took some of his secrets and shared them with me. There are so many fisherman that do not want to teach kids how to catch crappie. I thank you Mr Yates for putting the crappie fever in my blood and hopefuly we all can teach someone how to catch there first crappie. I do not know if you are coming back to fish the east fork tournaments. I do know that 13 years ago you put an excitment in my life other than drugs or alcohol and I thank you for that. I hope you come back and fish the season.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys......I B Back... 1 day
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

just because he's old doen't make him a LEGEND!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Legend

I've only seen him a few times and he's a Legend in the Ohio crappie fishing scene...to me anyways. If he's looking for a new scenery, put me on his boat!!
    Herb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry the Legend

Ya hear that Larry?
    What's it gonna take? Milkman's buying beer!!!!!
    Wins....Helps everybody...Legend.......
    I said you were bigger than the sport, nough said.
    Come fish with us, Tbone hard to take without you there to throttle him.
    First Larry, then ZZ Top, Harry says he is next.
    Frank already partnered up, guess I'll have to fish with Tom. HUH?
    See they all follow your lead. Harry just likes the beer, but if that goes away, he says he will to. He says if he can't beat Yates and ZZ, hell it ain't worth it. Tbone too easy to beat lately. Everyone got a Milk headache lately.
    See you soon, I have to start traveling again so maybe Fri...you off? Road trip? River ain't bad we went Sunday this end of town...4-5 good fish but not killer. May do Indiana creeks or even flathead fish the dam, we're talkin bout it. See ya.
    Harry, Get the Net !!!