Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn dish detergent??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dawn dish detergent??

I no a friend that uses this detergent and i myself have mixed feelings.
    He's a good friend and a real good fisherman(Fisher person)all around great guy, him and his better half are cool!!
    Anyway for years now i have wtched him" ENTICE" others on useing this method, and others are soon to folow behind and after he has used DAWN dish SOAP! to rinse his catfish fillets off and low and behold they turn out SNOW WHITE You can practically see the yellar fat allmost disapate and start to float in the water allmost as seperateing!
    They all claim of there being no taste of "SOAP" at all??
    Man seems like i have to give it a try what do you guys think,or am i going to get "HAMMERD" like the fellow that had a post about 10/11 mo's ago that i stuck up for on the main forum? Feelying sorry for him but did he no something that might be the next INNVENTOIN:D How bout, hey jim were going to clean fish you'all got your fish cleanning sope or you need to borrow some r'sss (heck when they do thier crappie fillets they look even whiter) Man i feel like iam going to take a licken for this gester:D:D
    Last edited by ReelfootYankee; 06-07-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Reel foot yankee

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about it in regards to catfish fillets...but one thing I do know...the blue Dawn dish detergent is the best flea and tick killer for dogs I have ever found.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We taxidermists use Dawn by the gallon to wash birds, mammals, fish, whatever to remove oil and grease. I've never used it on edible items and would figure it would leave a taste.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Mix dawn with water and put it in a gal. sprayer . It will kill wasp. I know for a fact it will kill red wasp. Had'nt tried it on any thing else.

Post Thanks / Like

The phosphate in soap will give you a good case of the trotts. Maybe a good spring cleaning. Keep you from being wormy

Post Thanks / Like

Dawn or any other type dish washing detergent diluted in water will kill wasps,ants,flies,fleas, garden bugs etc. It works by suffocating the bugs. The soap encapsolates them and they die in a few seconds. I have taken red wasps when they are swarming on the side of a house and swept them with a gas powered pressure washer. They try to fly but they get swept out of the air and drop to the ground writhing. I also use it in the garden to rid the plants of bugs. Same principle same results. The soap biodegrades, cleans the plant leaves and the plants get a drink too. Ants in the house? Same results, they're toast too.

Post Thanks / Like

Now this is a tid bit of information i had no idea about and it will save me a ton of money now when i go to Wal-Mart to buy insect killer i can just go to the dish washing detergent section.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that....for me personally...no way.

aj

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    Dawn or any other type dish washing detergent diluted in water will kill wasps,ants,flies,fleas, garden bugs etc. It works by suffocating the bugs. The soap encapsolates them and they die in a few seconds. I have taken red wasps when they are swarming on the side of a house and swept them with a gas powered pressure washer. They try to fly but they get swept out of the air and drop to the ground writhing. I also use it in the garden to rid the plants of bugs. Same principle same results. The soap biodegrades, cleans the plant leaves and the plants get a drink too. Ants in the house? Same results, they're toast too.
    Thank you for this tip. Many times while I am in the workshop tying jigs a stray wasp or two will come it. I will use this ammunition on them. Just have a spray bottle of it ready where I am tying.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

how do you mix what % of soap

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast