Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Beaver Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaver Lake Crappie

Just a quick fishing report for all the NW Arkansas fisherman, Crappie are finaly starting to bite well! I had a trip today and we got close to our limit in crappie, Three lunker catfish and countless whites. The Fall bite is getting near!
    All the crappie were caught about 20' to 25' down around ceders and brush in about 30' to 40' of water. We used minnows under a slip float and tightlined.
    I hope everyone can get out and enjoy some good fishing! The cooler weather should'nt be to far away!
    I'll see you on the water!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, J.T. could'nt agree more. I have'nt had much time to fish but, have been catching plenty of catfish and 15" undersized walleye. Time to start slaying the slabs again. Just wish the corp would leave a little more water in the lake. Staying up in the north part of lake only answer i've got. Night fishing has produced my best stringers of crappie so far, have'nt had much luck during the day guess i better get out a little more often, if i could afford the fuel that is.

Post Thanks / Like

I had pretty good luck with the crappie on saturday with jigs and jigs tipped with minows, no big slabs most of them between 10 and 12".

I am Finally starting to figure the lake out a little. Still have a long way to go but I sure am looking forward to this fall.
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I just registered on this board tonight. I live 15 minutes from Indian Creek and that's the area I'll be fishing. Fished out of Hwy. 12 launching ramp for several years and then quit fishing. I'm back now and planning on giving the crappie a shot. I'll let everyone know if I have any luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem
    Hi, I just registered on this board tonight. I live 15 minutes from Indian Creek and that's the area I'll be fishing. Fished out of Hwy. 12 launching ramp for several years and then quit fishing. I'm back now and planning on giving the crappie a shot. I'll let everyone know if I have any luck.
    Glad to have U on here Hookem. Looking forward to reading your post.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing