Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: first time with the lights at stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default first time with the lights at stockton

Ok i have never crappie fished with lights before and im heading to stockton sat night. I have benn told to fish the bridge piers and read on here some good reports on points. I am going to put in at ruark east any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i've heard lots of good things about bridge piers that are close to the depth you are looking for.

main most consistent thing i've heard is that after dropping the lights, you should wait 30-45 minutes before expecting the lights to do any good... so patience may be needed, but that's what beer is for.

wishn you the best with your lighting adventure. can't wait to hear how the green tubes do for you! GOOD LUCK
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there Saturday night myself. The wind will be an issue trying to keep the boat still. Bridge piers are always good. We always use minnows and split shots. It is a ablast!!!!!! Look for me I will be in a Marron and white Bullet with a Mercury on back. I usually set up by 730 or so. I have caught fish within 20 minutes of dropping the lights. Which light do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

i have a floating headlight mounted in foam and a green tube. only tried the headlight and before the fish started biting, the bugs ran us off... never tried the green tube, but can't wait till it gets too hot to fish in the day to try that out at night.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

No bugs with the green tube!!!!! I use two

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the green tubes from fishing ights etc.I will be in a green lowe roughneck with a 90 suzuki on the back

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck guys. Be safe.