Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye trip?

Anyone have any good drive in or fly in resorts/lakes that they go to in Canada? I am dying to go, and most of my friends are broke or unemployed. Just trying to find a reasonable place to go that has good fishing and isnt going to put me in the poorhouse or doghouse.

Post Thanks / Like

There was just a good thread about this with some pics and some good links.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...6-16-09-a.html

Post Thanks / Like

We drove here last year, way too far North even after flying into Winnipeg. Would love to go back there but we prefer drive-ins. You pretty much drive to where there are no more roads going North. It's above all the dams so it's about as pristine as it gets I would think. Great walleye fishing!

Slims Cabins - Saskatchewan Fishing Guide & Fishing Outfitter providing trophy fishing for Northern Pike and Walleye in the northern wilderness areas of Saskatchewan, Canada.

This place was recomended here on crappie.com and this is the place we'll be headed the second week of August.

Landing Page

Canada is a great for a fishing trip, and you can't beat an annual trip with family and friends! Can't wait until August.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to IDOFISHING.COM become a member, (its free) and log in. Read the posts or ask questions. Its based out of Minnesota (closer and cheaper than Canada) and just like our website here, the folks are extremely helpful. They will let you know where, when and how. Hope this is helpful to you. Jack

Post Thanks / Like

THanks, Jack

I will check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Pine Sunset Lodge.....rated the number one combined walleye/muskie lake in the world. Great smallmouth fishing is what we go for though....

Dinorwic Lake Walleye Fishing Muskie Fishing - Pine Sunset Lodge

Mitch and Sharon own the lodge and they are great. It is only 2 hours north of International Falls and very easy to get to. It is also just 20 minutes from a nice sized town with restaurants, Wal-Mart, etc. At the same time when you are on the lake you see eagles, bears, moose, etc. On the lake you get the remoteness of true Canada. Off the lake you are a short drive to supplies, regular food, etc.

If you do give them a shout, tell them Brian cheever from Springfield, MO sent you...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, THAT is a beautiful smallie! Is this place expensive? Got a problem with bears though... of course only me and my cleaners would know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

You might check into caribou falls lodge on tetu lake ontaio.Its one hr north of kenora. Its were the english and winnepeg rivers come together.Great fishing. Be prepared for the boarder. If your crew has ANYTHING on their records or dwi within the last 5 yrs FORGET it. If you want a great walleye lake in the US. We going back up to upper red lake mn. we are headed back up for the second time in a month next week.. Its 60 miles from canada. Also its half the price.Its canadian walleye fishing in the US
    Hope this helps
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I didn't see you asked about flyin.For a flyin in try BIGHOOKCAMPS.com We've went up for the last for yrs.You are the only cabin on their lakes. Best walleye fishing anwhere. Basically a 1000 a man.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bruce, have you ever checked out that IDOFISHING.COM website? I've been on it a ton, and a lot of the people on that site are from the Red Wing area. I read their posts daily, and always wondered if the walleye fishing was as good as they say. Since you have been there, have you ever stopped in at that Everts tackle shop? In reading about it they have on the water demos of St. Croix rods and reels. Sounds like a great place to go, especially for the walleyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast