Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournaments In Louisiana?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournaments In Louisiana?

Anyone know of any Crappie Tournaments in Louisiana.
    I see all the other states are having them. I would like to enter some.
    To me fishing with the best and watching what they do and how they do it would be the best way to learn. Not to mention it would be fun.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon the only one I know of is the knights of columbus has one in spanish lake every year. We could start one ourselves.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Deacon the only one I know of is the knights of columbus has one in spanish lake every year. We could start one ourselves.
    Hey Guys,

I know there are 2 tournaments up here every year. Or at least I think every year. There is one on Lake D'Arbone and one off the Red River. You could probably get hold of Bobby at the Honey Hole in West Monroe and he can fill you in.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

deacon; almost all sac-a-lait tournaments are over for the year. i fish my last on sept. 19 at bell river landing(classic). the labest tourny schedule starts in feb or mar. 2005.check labestfishin.com. also henderson has at least two circuits each year from april to august. more info later. a sac-a-lait club does not sound to bad. maybe we could get together and discuss it............USL UNIVERISITY POLICE 1977-1996.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I wouldn't mind just getting a bunch of guys or ladies together and have
    a tournament even if it's just for bragging rights. We could even give a date
    a certain time to be on the water and a certain time to be back and go on the honor system and weigh your five heaviest fish and post the results that way anyone from the state or other states could get in on it too.No money
    involved so no use in stretching the truth what good is bragging rights if its not the truth.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 09-14-2004 at 06:32 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red River Tournament....

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Anyone know of any Crappie Tournaments in Louisiana.
    I see all the other states are having them. I would like to enter some.
    To me fishing with the best and watching what they do and how they do it would be the best way to learn. Not to mention it would be fun.
    We've got a tourny scheduled on the Red River this weekend (Sat. 18th). Must be two to a boat, $50 each, 5 crappie each, $1500.00 for the heaviest stringer, $10 for biggest fish. Meet at Bass Pro Shops @ 6:00 am. You can fish any body of water you want, but must be back by 4:00 pm for the weigh-in. Wish I could have posted this sooner, but some hungry squirrels have been eating our main service cable....my ISP has been down for a week while the cable co. has been stringing new steel clad cables. Go figure....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    We've got a tourny scheduled on the Red River this weekend (Sat. 18th). Must be two to a boat, $50 each, 5 crappie each, $1500.00 for the heaviest stringer, $10 for biggest fish. Meet at Bass Pro Shops @ 6:00 am. You can fish any body of water you want, but must be back by 4:00 pm for the weigh-in. Wish I could have posted this sooner, but some hungry squirrels have been eating our main service cable....my ISP has been down for a week while the cable co. has been stringing new steel clad cables. Go figure....
    Thanks for the info. I wish I could make it but will not be able to. I hope you do well.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be having some tournaments in N.W.La. with our new Crappie Club. Northwest Louisiana Crappie Club.Meating on March 24th. tournament on the 26 of March 05. If you are interested let me hear from you.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

You can do what we do over here at Poverty Point Lake.We ahve what we call a slop jar tournament. Only allowed to fish one pole. Pick a lake and have local tournament amonst yourselves. We have tournament 2nd weekend of every month. Can fish either Sat or Sun., 10 fish limit and big fish pot.Fish from good daylight to 2 PM.We normally have 18 - 25 people fish.Cost $20 per person and take $2 out of that for big fish pot.Payout is 50,30,20 percent and big fish pot. We have been talking about forming a crappie club also.