Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: small fish KING

Post Thanks / Like

Default small fish KING

at the lake i fish in eastern ky, i catch a bunch of fish during my night fishing trips(usually around 50 to 60). i cant seem to find them in the day. all the fish i catch are small (9" or less) is it possible that this lake just dosn't have big crappie or should i change how i go about catching them? please help!!!!
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

When you're catchin' only small fish, move to another location. If you stay where you are, you will catch only small fish...all night long.

aj

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What lake would that be ...

Quote Originally Posted by fish-wva View Post
    at the lake i fish in eastern ky, i catch a bunch of fish during my night fishing trips(usually around 50 to 60). i cant seem to find them in the day. all the fish i catch are small (9" or less) is it possible that this lake just dosn't have big crappie or should i change how i go about catching them? please help!!!!
    ... as it may well be full of dinks :p

On another note ... seems like alot of members catch bigger Crappie in Summer, by trolling crankbaits. That tells me that the bigger fish are suspended out in the main lake, following shad schools, rather than locked into any particular depth/type of cover. They're also subject to eating bigger sized baitfish, so they may not have the same interest level towards a small jig or minnow, that they would have in a larger bodied crank.
    You could also try slow trolling jigs or minnows, and run thru any schools of baitfish that you see (on the surface, or on the DF).

... cp