Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't let this one go

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couldn't let this one go

As you all know, I fish woods more than any other local lake. Went today and caught 8 nice crappie,and two REAL nice Redear - one over 10". Some guys were targeting the red ear, so they got mine. The crappie were nice, but I had my hands full when I got home. Some bank fishermen got those and they had a large smile when I gave them my 13" along with the rest. But this one I just couldn't turn loose. She had been abandoned down by the river bluff, and couldn't get back up. She is so emaciated you can feel where her ribs leave her spine. I'd like to find the guy who dumped her, but no good would come of it."Emma" has an 8am at the vet, and my hopes are high that she will be ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by skeetbum; 06-03-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to you. The Fish God's will be smiling down on you for that. hope all turns out good with the pup. Can't believe someone would do that but we do live in a crazy world. If you do find the person i got a great recomendation. tie them to one of your crappie condos and sink it deep. Good thing about this is that pup couldn't have found a better and caring person to go home with. i know he'll be took care of now.
    Last edited by Petie Wheatstraw; 06-03-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    One thing you can give and keep is your WORD.

God gave us fishing to cure all that worries us!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good thing you did. You should have a friend for life now. Good lookin pup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    As you all know, I fish woods more than any other local lake. Went today and caught 8 nice crappie,and two REAL nice Redear - one over 10". Some guys were targeting the red ear, so they got mine. The crappie were nice, but I had my hands full when I got home. Some bank fishermen got those and they had a large smile when I gave them my 13" along with the rest. But this one I just couldn't turn loose. She had been abandoned down by the river bluff, and couldn't get back up. She is so emaciated you can feel where her ribs leave her spine. I'd like to find the guy who dumped her, but no good would come of it."Emma" has an 8am at the vet, and my hopes are high that she will be ok.
    Man that is a very good thing you have done! There are alot of pets being done like this because of the enconmy and people losing there jobs and that is sad!!! I hope all will be good with the vet today.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My guess is that she'll be your new fishin buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a pet person, but I think that is GREAT! The way my family works, I don't think it would be fair to an animal to be home by itself all day. Maybe when and if I ever get to retire!!!! :D

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Emma is fine, just needs to fatten up some. Vet says she'll 40 to 50 lbs and yes, she'll probably be in the boat when you see me. Wasn't lookin for another cuz I already have 3. The best dog we have came to us, let's see how this one works out. I'll have my hands full for a while.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

good job helping "EMMA".skeet, if you take her out in the boat,and she's points out a school of craps i'll give 25.00 bucks for her.lol!
    GOD loves fishermen,the earth is 75% water

Post Thanks / Like

I see another one of those fish finding dogs that Toby has in the future.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

LoL Now I know why you always ticked about my dog pointin fish Randy.lol Its not fair when its not your dog is it.lol Wtg bro. Who says you truckers aint got a heart.Must of been BOS who said that.lol Nay, he wantin to buy that dog already.He said somethin bout givin ya 25 bux for it I think if it will point em out too.lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast