Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken B&M's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broken B&M's

I was just bragging the other day about how I have not had any problems with my Wally Marshalls or B&M's breaking. Well I broke two B&M's Saturday. One broke about 3 foot from the end (16') when I was swing about 1-1 1/4 lb bass in the boat. The other broke at the second eye from the tip (12') when I set the hook on a crappie. I guess that is what I get for bragging. That made the rest of the tournament day a little awkward but we managed. No I just need to decide what I want to replace these rods with. Any suggestions?
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

i broke the top part of my sam heaton super sensitive two weeks ago. i wasn't lucky enough to break it on a fish though, they just won't hold up to a 225 pound fellow tripping over them getting out on the dock.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    I was just bragging the other day about how I have not had any problems with my Wally Marshalls or B&M's breaking. Well I broke two B&M's Saturday. One broke about 3 foot from the end (16') when I was swing about 1-1 1/4 lb bass in the boat. The other broke at the second eye from the tip (12') when I set the hook on a crappie. I guess that is what I get for bragging. That made the rest of the tournament day a little awkward but we managed. No I just need to decide what I want to replace these rods with. Any suggestions?
    Why you going to replace them? Just buy a new tip section.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Filletfrier View Post
    Why you going to replace them? Just buy a new tip section.
    A new tip does not work for me on a 16 footer that is now 13 foot (unless you are talking about the whole section which in that case would work). Where is the best place to get these sections, B&M? I am also going to purchase some more rods to have so I was looking for other options. The 12 footer is not that bad as there is only a few inches missing
    Last edited by Hitek; 06-03-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    A new tip does not work for me on a 16 footer that is now 13 foot (unless you are talking about the whole section which in that case would work). Where is the best place to get these sections, B&M? I am also going to purchase some more rods to have so I was looking for other options. The 12 footer is not that bad as there is only a few inches missing
    BnM has them. BNM Fishing

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

get your tip sections from grizzly jig company in tenn. I believe. a 1 1/2lb. fish puts alot of stress on a light pole when swinging them aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

I broke a BnM jigging rod this morning while fishing. I had the rod for about 5 years now and really treated it rough. I had landed a nice crappie and I put a lot of undue stress on the rod, bending the tip over further than I knew I should have while I was taking the fish off. I should have let more line out but never gave it a thought. When it broke I knew it was my fault, not the rods. I will more than likely just replace the tip section, but I may just tell the wife that I need some more rods also. This gives me an excuse to add to my collection.
    I have been very happy with BnM products and will continue to give them my business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redear View Post
    I believe. a 1 1/2lb. fish puts alot of stress on a light pole when swinging them aboard.

Yes, it does. Fly fisherman call that "high sticking". You can easily break a rod doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not saying they are not good rods. I have had them 4-5 years now and I am pretty rough on equipment. These were pro staff trolling rods, just wondering how the capps and coleman rods compare. I will probably stick with the B&M's as I like them better than the WM's I have.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Callshy, your best bet for the tips and rods will be Grizzly Jigs. If you buy 3 or more rods of the same kind at the same time you get a discount. Congrats on the good finish at the regional.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast