Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Freezing Line?? Your Thoughts & Comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Line?? Your Thoughts & Comments

I Had This Guy Tell Me One Time That He Kept All His Line In The Freezer To Keep It Fresh.

Is There Any Truth To This? I Always Try To Buy Line On Sale And I Keep Alot Of Line On Hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    I Had This Guy Tell Me One Time That He Kept All His Line In The Freezer To Keep It Fresh.

Is There Any Truth To This?
    I guess it all depends on how long its gonna be 'till you eat it.

:D
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=rlsiv;814108]I guess it all depends on how long its gonna be 'till you eat it.

IT IS KIND OF STRINGY. WORKS BETTER AND TASTES BETTER WITH SAUCE ON IT!

REALLY THIS GUY I KNOW SWEARS BY IT! HIS BROTHER WORKS FOR BERKLEY IN IOWA AND THAT IS WHAT HIS BROTHER TOLD HIM HOW TO STORE HIS LINE. I WISH I STILL LIVED CLOSE TO THIS GUY. I USED TO GET ALOT OF END SPOOLS OF BERKLEY LINE FROM HIM CHEAP! I GUESS BERKLEY HAD A FACTORY STORE UP THERE IN IOWA. I HAVE GOTTEN RODS, LINE, BAITS AND ALL OTHER KINDS OF STUFF NEW IN THE PACKAGE FOR LESS THAN 50 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry DMW - couldn't help myself. I've never heard of anybody keeping line in the freezer. BUT I was always told to store it (1) Out of the sunlight because it is damaging to flourocarbons and (2) In a cool, temperature-steady environment... and I guess a freezer would meet both of those criteria. For that matter, the Fridge would as well.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

No room in my freezer for line.:D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    Sorry DMW - couldn't help myself. I've never heard of anybody keeping line in the freezer. BUT I was always told to store it (1) Out of the sunlight because it is damaging to flourocarbons and (2) In a cool, temperature-steady environment... and I guess a freezer would meet both of those criteria. For that matter, the Fridge would as well.
    I WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO! LOL DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! BOOBIE KEEPS A EXTRA FRIG IN HIS GARAGE FOR BEER AND IN THE TOP FREEZER IS WHERE HE KEEPS HIS LINE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    No room in my freezer for line.:D
    I KNOW, I KNOW! GOT TO CLEAN OURS OUT. TOO MUCH JUNK IN IT! GOT A BEEF BEING BUTCHERED IN ABOUT ANOTHER WEEK OR SO. HECK MIGHT AS WELL EAT THEM BECAUSE WHEN I SELL THEM I JUST GIVE THEM AWAY AT CURRENT CATTLE PRICES.