Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad News

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad News

I just got news that my fishing buddy Jerry Hanna is the guy that went off the deep end yesterday, shot and killed his dog, then his wife, two neighbor women, shot and wounded another woman and a man. I have been fishing with jerry i guess for close to a year. we had a good line of communication going and i liked him a lot. some of you guys who have fished with me had a chance to meet jerry so you knew him. I just wanted to let you guys know what happend. Im virtually speechless and in a state of shock over this news. theres a photo of jerry in another thread titled jerrys slabs posted a few days ago. He was over here visiting with me last thursday or friday, and wanted to line up a trip soons this bad weather cleared, so i called him today to see if he wanted to go sunday night and his wifes brother answered the phone and give me the news. we was going to santee the first week of october for some catfishing....absolutely unbeleivable..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

The first nite you and I ever barged up Jerry was with ya. Seemed like a great guy. One can only imagine the torment that must have been inside him to cause him to snap like that.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

rango - my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know the questions and feeling of disbelief that you are feeling. Sometimes the people you think you know, you don't really know at all. The rumors and malice information hopefully will not overshadow your fond momories of your friend. I'm not familiar with the story, but you didn't mention if Jerry took his own life or not.

My mentor and friend of 11 years took his own life this past Memorial Day weekend, and no one saw it coming. We have since come to learn that he was in a deep stage of depression - yet every day he would put a smile on every person he talked to.

Prayers from the Zeigler family to yours and Jerry's.

Post Thanks / Like

after he done the shooting, he hid behind his boat till the police got there and then he shot at them, then run he inside. once inside he killed himself. I have nothing bad or derogatory to say about jerry. I really liked him, and so did my daughter, who fished with us some. I knew jerry was having personal problems he was trying to iron out and we discussed a lot of stuff when it was me and him in the boat. I sure wish id had a chance to talk to him before all this happened. you never know whats in a persons mind nor what they are capable of. He'll be missed by all us guys that knew him and who spent time fishing together..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    I just got news that my fishing buddy Jerry Hanna is the guy that went off the deep end yesterday, shot and killed his dog, then his wife, two neighbor women, shot and wounded another woman and a man. I have been fishing with jerry i guess for close to a year. we had a good line of communication going and i liked him a lot. some of you guys who have fished with me had a chance to meet jerry so you knew him. I just wanted to let you guys know what happend. Im virtually speechless and in a state of shock over this news. theres a photo of jerry in another thread titled jerrys slabs posted a few days ago. He was over here visiting with me last thursday or friday, and wanted to line up a trip soons this bad weather cleared, so i called him today to see if he wanted to go sunday night and his wifes brother answered the phone and give me the news. we was going to santee the first week of october for some catfishing....absolutely unbeleivable..
    Rango,
    There just ain't no words that can explain something like that. So it is best that we don't try. My thoughts and prayers are with you, the deceased and any surviving family members. One day it will all be known to us. Not in our time but in the fullnest of God's time.
    My oldest son took his own life 3 years ago. 23 years old, graduating from medical school in 3 more months. The only thing for certain is that there is nothing for certain.
    All we can do is run the good race, fight the good fight and keep our eyes on the finish line.
    Keep the faith Rango, and God Bless!
    Last edited by Deacon; 09-09-2004 at 04:43 PM.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Rango,

I am terribly sorry for your loss. We never think that we could do something that drastic and terrible and probably would'nt but we were not in his shoes either. He must of been going through pure hell to do something like that. I wish he could've had a few more friends like you and maybe things would have turned out for the better but I guess it's too late for wishing, maybes, could'ves and should'ves. I pray that god will give you strength to get through this tough time with the loss of your friend. Again, I am so sorry. Regards. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Rango , I know you spoke fondly of Jerry at santee week before last.Sorry to hear you lost a friend.Hope his family will get through this alright.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.