Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendations for new boat seats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need recommendations for new boat seats

Want to buy some good quality (nicely padded) boat seats for hubby for Father's Day. Want them to have good support but lots of cushion for riding across the big waves. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I would look at the attwood centric line in Cabelas. I bought 4 cheap seats $50 each at bass pro and after sitting in them and leaning back the frames bent where I had to rebend them to sit upright and the padding isnt the best. I bought some of the attwoods and there just like the top of the line Kitpapermouth has in his Ranger where you can sit and be comfortable in all day. I got mine on E-bay 100.00 each.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    I would look at the attwood centric line in Cabelas. I bought 4 cheap seats $50 each at bass pro and after sitting in them and leaning back the frames bent where I had to rebend them to sit upright and the padding isnt the best. I bought some of the attwoods and there just like the top of the line Kitpapermouth has in his Ranger where you can sit and be comfortable in all day. I got mine on E-bay 100.00 each.
    I knew I should be fishing with Kit. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found This .....It's a THRONE

I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz Special

Seems I heard someone has one similar to this....
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    YEP IT IS A THRONE BUT IT HAS SOMETHING BETTER LOOKING IN IT BESIDES BEAGLE AND IT SETS IN THE REAR OF THE BOAT! AS ALL QUEENS SHOULD!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    Want to buy some good quality (nicely padded) boat seats for hubby for Father's Day. Want them to have good support but lots of cushion for riding across the big waves. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    SORRY WE HAVE TO HAVE SOME FUN CRAPPIE NOVICE. DEPENDING ON WHAT KIND OF BOAT YOU AND YOURS HAS, I WOULD JUST GO TO A LOCAL BOAT DEALER AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT. THEN PICK ONE OUT. I WOULDN'T JUST ORDER ONE WITHOUT SEEING IT FIRST AND TOUCHING IT! THERE IS ALOT OF JUNK OUT THERE! WIFE AND I BOTH HAVE ALOT OF BACK TROUBLE. BUT OUR ORGINAL LOWE BOAT SEATS HAVE BEEN JUST FINE.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have bought cheaper seats and they just did not hold up and were not comfortable. I just bought a set of Tempress seats and only fished them once so I can say for sure but they were comfortable. Here is the website if you want to look at them
    Tempress Marine Seating, Hatches, Rod Holders, Deck Plates, Gear Bags, Organizers - Tempress Marine. Bass Pro has them on sale right now for $94.00 regularly $119.00 I think. They gave me the wrong ones the first time so check each box if you get them to make sure you are getting what you want. Or maybe not since I ended up getting them for $85.00 since they messed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I too have bought cheaper seats and they just did not hold up and were not comfortable. I just bought a set of Tempress seats and only fished them once so I can say for sure but they were comfortable. Here is the website if you want to look at them
    Tempress Marine Seating, Hatches, Rod Holders, Deck Plates, Gear Bags, Organizers - Tempress Marine. Bass Pro has them on sale right now for $94.00 regularly $119.00 I think. They gave me the wrong ones the first time so check each box if you get them to make sure you are getting what you want. Or maybe not since I ended up getting them for $85.00 since they messed up.
    I lucked out last night Tom. I was in the BP Outlet and they had a couple of these in Blue/White which match my boat for $45 a piece. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice!

Beagle, does that thing recline?

We've been looking at BP for quite awhile and I even get the seats down off the shelf and sit them on the floor and then get in them to see how it feels. But we just haven't found the "right" ones yet. That's why I came to you guys! The boat dealers around home don't have anything of good quality in their stores.

Thanks again. I'm going to check out the ones you recommended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast