Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has this ever happen to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has this ever happen to you!

I went night fishing last night and the lake is over an hour from the house. Well got there about hour and half before dark and done a little trolling,which would be spider rigging. Ok,when getting almost dark started fixing everything up for night fish,got everything done,went too get my minnows and they all was dead. Now mind you,I've got the big bubbles maker that run's off the 12V battery,so don't know what happen there. Too late for more minnows and drove too far,too go back home. Well decided to stay with it and learn the crappie will bite dead minnows you just got too work them like a jig. They will also bite jigs but just like the minnows got keep working. You know them crappie man their bite was on all night. When night fishing,I like to hooked the minnows up and let them do the work and just reap the rewards.:D. Everyone have a good one.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

some people have all the luck ...lol i can fish with fresh minnows here at our local lakes...and never get anything but dinks
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, can't tell you how many I've caught on dead minners. I'm pretty much a one-poler and just jig the dead ones and seems like I catch just as many dead as alive.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

When you're hot....you're HOT!

Three things I keep doin' to keep my minnows alive on the boat:
    a. bubbles - 15 minutes out of every hour, or when they surface
    b. Ice - Keep pop bottles frozen solid in the chest and put one in the bucket every so often.
    c. Fresh Water-If you're still losin' minnows after the first two steps, ammonia is building up in the water they're in and will need to be changed out.

Also, chunks of dead minnow flesh on a jig will give 'em that taste the crappie really like.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

so with the dead minows .... how are u working them...like you would a jig?
    For the love of Kids and FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes when the weather is a little warm i change out the water, just pour out the water in the bucket and dip it in the lake and it seems to wake the minnows up pretty good. i learned that from some really good advice i got on this thread, lots of good info on here.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been out when the bite was so good that they bit 1/2 minnows when I started running low.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Skeeter,what I done was hooked the minnows in the middle and dropped them at the depth the fish was holding and slowly start reeling them up,almost like vertical casting a jig. Like I mention, had to keep them moving. Kept switching from minnow to jig,do one for an while then back to the other one.
    LittleJohn