Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Here I Come 6-16-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canada Here I Come 6-16-09

Well I had just a bit of free time here today and have been thinking about my trip to Fletcher Lake Lodge coming up on 6-16-09. Man I can't wait. So anyway, I tought I would start a thread and show a couple of pictures from past trips. If you've got any pictures from any of your trips feel free to add them on.

Man if any of you guys ever get the chance to go, I would really recommend you doing so. The sites and scenery are just flat out awesome, let alone the number of fish you can catch. It's just a really nice get away for a week. :D

1st pic. Smallmouth. They were averaging about 3 to 4 pounds a piece and were right on their beds. Man what a blast.

2nd pic. The old Walleye. Not that big of an EYE but a blast to catch in the falls.

3rd pic. MUSKIE. Man can those babies fight.

4th pic. The Eagles are everywhere. They follow you around the lake. Just whistle to them and they will come flying straight to your boat. Toss out a fish and you have a made a serious buddy for the day. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Couldn't Agree More

One of the best places on Earth and I enjoy every August. We usually go in late August. Thanks for killing my productivity at work, you got me thinking about my trip. We are going to Huber's in Ontario as recomended by some fine folks on this site actually I just put in my request for time off last week for our trip. Good luck and be safe. I've seen that picture of that eagle you posted a while ago, that is an amazing pic and I can not believe how close that is to your boat. That may have been your best catch that whole trip huh?

Here are a few pics I had here at work:

This is the first Canadian fish I caught on our 08 trip:
    Name:  Pike.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  45.7 KB

Some of them nice 'eyes and over on the left a nice little perch:
    Name:  CleaningTable.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  59.4 KB

You can't beat the scenery:
    Name:  Scenic1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  38.4 KB
    Last edited by CallWhy816; 06-02-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

NICE! And them toothy critters fry up scrumptious!
    @lozcrappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never made it that far north yet. Chris I would love to catch a small mouth of that size. Only fished for them in the rivers of southern Missouri and caught a few in Stockton. They would be my 2nd favorite fish. Excellent pics from both of you. Sure is pretty up there.

Post Thanks / Like

WantinCrappie - Where do you go? Do you go to the same location every trip?

My pictures are from extreme far north on the Manitoba and Sask borders. We flew to Winnipeg and then drove 12 hours north. That was to excessive and probably won't drive that far again. We were so far north it never really got dark but maybe a couple of hours. It stayed light until around midnight. We went to Slim's Cabins and I would recommend it to anyone. It was on the Christine river system and it was a blast.

This year we have more people going and wanted a location with an easier drive so we can pull our own boats and an RV. Huber's is in NW Ontario.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm wanting to go up there so bad, you guys are making me jealous!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CallWhy816 View Post
    WantinCrappie - Where do you go? Do you go to the same location every trip?

My pictures are from extreme far north on the Manitoba and Sask borders. We flew to Winnipeg and then drove 12 hours north. That was to excessive and probably won't drive that far again. We were so far north it never really got dark but maybe a couple of hours. It stayed light until around midnight. We went to Slim's Cabins and I would recommend it to anyone. It was on the Christine river system and it was a blast.

This year we have more people going and wanted a location with an easier drive so we can pull our own boats and an RV. Huber's is in NW Ontario.
    We go to a place called Fletcher Lake Lodge. Their website is Ontario fly in fishing, Canada fishing resorts,Fletcher Lake Lodge,Canada They have not updated many of the pictures in a while but they do have some new video's on there that one of the Outdoor Shows went up and did on their place. These are some first class people and they do it up right. As a matter of fact the people who own it are Bruce and Jeanne McClean and they are actually from Anderson Missouri. It's a fly in deal and you fly a float plane out of Kenora about 45 minutes to Fletcher Lake. This is the only place I have ever been. Honestly I see no reason to change. A boat with two people in it can easily expect to catch over 100 quality fish in a single day. And there have been times where we caught that many fish before or after lunch.

The first year we went we flew out of Springfield Missouri and into Winnepeg with several layovers in betweeen. Well, when you get to Winnepeg you had to rent a car and drive another almost three hours to Kenora. All in all it took us about 16 hours to do it with the flying. Ever since we have driven from Springfield to Kenora and it about a 16 hour drive straight through. So with that said it is also much cheaper driving.

Anyway, if you've got any other questions please feel free to ask.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Pictures

Well I'm sitting here watching the Cardinals game and thinking about fishing so I thought I would post up some more pictures.

1st picture: I talked about how amazing the Eagles up there are and here is another picture of one. In all reality this one is probably less than 15 feet from out boat.

2nd picture: I talked about how these Eagles just follow us around the lake. Well look in the top of the tree above myself and Sam (HOOKEDONFISHIN).

3rd picture: Me with a little ole Pike.

4th picture: Sam (HOOKEDONFISHIN) with a bigger Pike.

5th picture: Me with the Lodge Dog "Abby"
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Talk About Small Mouth Bass. We Hammered Them For 2 Days. Chris Had One Break Him Off On Evening And The Next Day We Went Back For More And Caught The Same Fish That Broke Him Off The Day Before. He Got His Bait Back. Never Expected That To Happen.
    He Has A Picture To Prove It.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have your passport in order! You do know that you HAVE to have a passport to get back in the USA now don't you.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast