Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw Vs/ Ozark Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outlaw Vs/ Ozark Rod

Nephew Gave Me A 10' Outlaw Brother N Law Gave Me A 10' Wally Marshall And Two Good Fishing Buddies Of Mine Bought Me A 10' Ozark At Camp This Year.... I Can Say After Using All Three That The Wally Gets Left Behind A Lot, I Would Fish With Either The Outlaw Or The Ozark All Day Long Love Both Of Them...... It Took Me 30 Years To Go To A Two Piece Graphite Rod, I Was Always Figuring That They Would Lose A Lot Of Senisitivy Being Two Piece..... I Was Way Wrong...... Should Have Switched Long Ago..... I Still Use My 5 And 6' Footers In The Right Places Though And I Paid A Lot More Than $40 To $45 For These Rods...... Being From This Area I Would Probably Lean A Little More To The Ozark Rod Knowing Tony, But Would Also Support Outlaw Rods, Nice Bunch Of Guys....... Watched Them In The One Pole Last Weekend......chris U Remeber That Boat That Fired Up And Beat Us To That One Clump Of Trees At The Mouth Of Otter And Had The Bad Running Motor, That Was Whitey Outlaw.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man Monty, are you trying to stir up a hornets nest? I have both. 2 Outlaws and 1 Ozark. The Ozark is lighter and doesn't seem to wear me out as fast. The Outlaws seem to have more backbone for hossing a large crappie out of brush. As far as sensitivity, I can't tell a difference betwen the two. I love both but all things considered, I fish the 11 foot Outlaw first with the 11 foot Ozark a close second and then the 10 foot Outlaw.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and my favorites are the OZARKS by far. I love the sensitivity, the fact that they are so lightweight, and how they feel in my hands. I'll not be getting rid of my Outlaw. It's a very good quality rod and I like it and will continue to fish with it. Since I rarely catch any big fish, I don't really need a rod with a lot of backbone.:D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Watched Them In The One Pole Last Weekend......chris U Remeber That Boat That Fired Up And Beat Us To That One Clump Of Trees At The Mouth Of Otter And Had The Bad Running Motor, That Was Whitey Outlaw.......
    Get outta town!!!!!!!!!!!!! In that boat? Would have figured he would have been in one of those fancy one's blowing by us at 70+ mph. Very interesting. Man I was afraid we were going to have to tow that boat in with my little ole boat.

Wonder why he didn't come over and say hello? I mean surely he saw the rod in my hands with the bright green/yellow tip on it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Talked To Him At The Weigh In

And He Was Using The Hand Control Trolling Motor Said They Brought The Smaller Boat Up Figuring They Would Be Fishing In The Upper Osage.......... They Fished The Grand....... And I Just Calibrated My Scales With A 12 0z Can Of Coke And It Weighed 13oz. I Figure The Alum. Can Would Weigh 1 Oz....... Just My Of Checking Them Out...... I Still Think That Crappie Yesterday Was 2# 120z...... But I Am Blind.......

Post Thanks / Like

how come this thread is on off topic Isn't fishing poles considered fishing related,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Could Be

Didn't Want To Start Ww3 On The Main Page.......... Cane Poles Work Well Also............

Post Thanks / Like

Default With Your Sharpie Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    ....... And I Just Calibrated My Scales With A 12 0z Can Of Coke And It Weighed 13oz. I Figure The Alum. Can Would Weigh 1 Oz....... Just My Of Checking Them Out...... I Still Think That Crappie Yesterday Was 2# 120z...... But I Am Blind.......
    OH GOOD LORD!!!!!! :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of the Ozark 10 ft rods with the big eyes loved them until I got talked into buying an Outlaw. Outlaw is a little lighter. Then at camp I was told there are two Ozark 10ft models and the one with the smaller eyes is much lighter. Stumpthumper80 and I held the two rods in each hand this morning. The Ozark with the smaller eyes actually feels lighter than the Outlaw. I will be replacing my Ozark rods with the big eyes for the Ozark with the smaller eyes. I will keep the Outlaw with the spinning guide style eyes for casting in the spring. Everhardt's has both brands now so go give them the test. Hold them both at the same time and you will be walking out with an Ozark. I will be stopping to see Tony on the way to Tan-tara Friday. Love to stop in his store when I head that direction. I am going to be in the market for a set of Perroti's and some trolling rods real soon. So I will see what he has got or suggest. Long story short I will have Ozark's in my boat from now on.

Post Thanks / Like

Never crappie fished with a 10 or 12 foot rod, what are the advantages of them besides getting deeper in the trees. Seems like it would be harder to set the hook and get hung up more often. But I have been looking at them at Everhardt's, but just wanted some feedback before I put out the $.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast