Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton 6/1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton 6/1

My daughter and I went out after work and fished from 4:30-7, She caught 3 nice crappie and a 4lb channel I caught a few short fish, but needless to say I had to bring her all her fish home anyway. Fortunatley after we get the boat put up and get ready to clean fish my son and his buddy come traipsing up the street each carrying stringers of nice hand sized bluegills, so I had 13 or 14 of them to make it worth cleaning the other fish. My daughter is noe a fisher chick, she wants to every dang day! Heck she even ribed some of the fish. Now I've got another fishin buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good mess of fish Dan! After raising 2 boys I am now fishing with my granddaughter who is 3. She gets pretty excited about her fishing pole and going on the boat with her Pop. Hope to see you at Clinton sometime. Are you still finding the fish shallow?

Post Thanks / Like

I most always fish shallow from April till late September, there are always shallow crappie to be caught, it just takes awile to find where on the lake if ya haven't been out for a couple weeks. I'll be in a black and purple Champ, usually with a couple kids. What type boat you in?

Post Thanks / Like

Ole fishless "CAN'T" fish deep,,,, tightwad won't buy more line:D:D:D:D <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I really had a hard time finding them last summer, maybe there are a few tricks to learn. I moved here from North Idaho last year and have not figured out the combo here in Kansas. July and August were the best months for large quantities of large slabs. My son and I used to hammer them in the evenings, usually suspended in open water. Our best night was 62 fish in less than an hour. I miss that kind of action. Had to resort to chasin the Wipers just to get some action. I have a slip at Clinton Marina, it is the first Black Suntracker Fishin' Barge to the right of the walkway. I fish solo a fair amount but at times have my family with me. I will be on the lookout. Take care Dan.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be looking for you also, I next to never use the State park ramps,(can't stand the traffic), but I'll putter over there from time to time when I forget to stop and get snacks. Using longer rods might help your shallow fishing if you aren't already using them, I use 9-10 1/2ft rods for shallow fishin.

CC, why change the line when there is still some line on the spool that hasn't even got wet yet?