Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 31MAY LOZ Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 31MAY LOZ Report

Finally finding the time and trying to do my part and make a report as best I can. Sorry it's a little late

I was just going to fish around the in-laws dock, but after mr.bakers report, I decided to hit some other docks. Thanks!

Got a late start (7:30) and fished the Soap Creek arm of Gravois. I tried a few docks on the north side of the arm and got nothin. The wind was blowing from north to south somewhat, so I moved to the south shore and started putting some in the boat. Caught 13 and kept 9 within 2 hours or so - Mostly blacks.

Found them on the right side of the docks in the shaded area. Some caught up tight to the dock, others were sitting just on the edge of the shade and sun, some as far as 15 foot out depending on the shade. Most were caught on the outside, but had a few from inside the docks.

Used blue/silver slab buster with roadrunner head. Fished under a cork about 3ft down to begin with, but went to 5 foot down as the morning progressed. Left around 10am. Bite was dead by then.

FYI - A lot of them did tend to bring the bait up and slack the line.

I only fished one small stretch as I was in an unfamiliar boat that has a history of stranding people, so I didn't venture out too far. Three docks were holding fish, but the others to the left anf right were not. Not really sure why. I think the water depth was similar, but the boats fish finder wasn't working so I had no idea. Most those docks are in 20-30ft of water, though.

If anyone wants an exact location, hit me with a PM and I'll try my best to explain where they're located.

Hope that helps

-Coop
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Glad you got into them. Keep those reports coming. Thanks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Good job, looks like the clearer water is the ticket.