HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Something to remember

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something to remember

the next time you talk to your banker about that next big purchase...:D

YouTube - Ally Bank Truck Commercial

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Ally was formerly GMAC. The government gave them "bank" status early in the financial scare so they could have FDIC insurance.

The banking idustry is still paying off the debacle of the savings and loan industry mess from the early 1980's when those idiots proved they weren't really bankers.

Now the government is going to give many of these non-traditional financial service company banking capabilities. We'll see how they perform. If they fail we have no one to blame but the politicians that don't have the intestinal fortitude to take the bull by the horns and let them fail.

I am sure the real banks (the ones average Americans do business with on Main Street USA) will ultimately be saddled with the mess the Mortgage Bankers have caused this time.

I wish Ally the best success, but they have yet to prove themselves as a successful "treat everyone equal" bank. I will reserve judgement until they have a track record. All the cute commercials in the world can not make a bank an honorable organization you want to do business with.

I am a community banker that lives among my customers. I have always explained the conditions of the transaction to the client before they accept the money. I don't need fine print, I am honest and have great integrity and my clients know it.

There is no deceit in the money we loan. All we expect is for it to be paid back, with interest, under the terms we all agreed to before the money was accepted. I tell every client that when they sign the documents and we give them the funds, the only way we can be successful is if we are both successful.

Just my $.02...
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of the first car I bought. I wanted this little car so off to the bank I go. I didn't have much money. I spent money like a drunken sailor. I worked 60 to 80 hours a week. I go into the loan officers office and sit down. Well at this time I had gotten a DUI. And that insurance was high. I really wanted this car but, couldn't afford full coverage insurance. So we talk about my work ethic. My belief in God. He was a christian man,I wasn't, though I was thinking what the heck is this man doing. I guess this man spent about a hour talking to me. So I finally looked him in the eye and told him that I wouldn't waiste my time and his if I couldn't afford the payments. He finally looks at me and said " son, I like you, you are going to pay me my money aren't you" I say yessir.

Over the years I borrowed a few bucks from this bank and made a good friend. He is retired now. I do see him on occations around town, we talk and I tease him about our first encounter.

I said all that to say, I think you are one of those type fellows Gadget, you'll get many thanks for helping people out who can afford to pay a note.