Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Slider Grubs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Slider Grubs

Been using some of those Charlie Brewer grubs and would like try different ones and don't feel like doing the trial and error thing and would like to know from the ones that use them what if your favorite top 2 colors of choice.
    Mine so far have been

1- cotton candy
    2- smoke bluegill

thanks
    Likes VaCrappieMan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have several boxes of grubs and jigs. Different brands and colors. I catch more fish on a Jiffy Jig than anything else. I fish it more often , therefore I catch more with it. I believe the color and presentation makes more difference than shape and size. Find one that you like and give it an honest shot. If it dont have some green in it you might be missing out on something good.

Post Thanks / Like

Number 1 for me is "wildcat", smoke glitter, and anything with a chartueuse tail, if you want to make them even better add a spinner to the hook similar to the Whirly Bee.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks so far

what i meant by trial and error is I'm just trying to narrow some other choices down to a narrow margin before i end up spending to much, of course it stands true that what works for you might not me and there is always will be some testing

Post Thanks / Like

My old standbuy for sliders is Black/chart tail or June bug/Chart tail. I have been trolling a junebug/chart on a 1/8 or 1/16 once chartruse Road Runner all spring with good success. I work in Lawrenceburg Tennessee and that is the one and only place that the Slider is made. Its great becasue we can go over to the factory and look at all of their jigs and plastics. They are great and always willing to give out free samples with each purchase.

BB
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

Default that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Brush Buster View Post
    My old standbuy for sliders is Black/chart tail or June bug/Chart tail. I have been trolling a junebug/chart on a 1/8 or 1/16 once chartruse Road Runner all spring with good success. I work in Lawrence burg Tennessee and that is the one and only place that the Slider is made. Its great because we can go over to the factory and look at all of their jigs and plastics. They are great and always willing to give out free samples with each purchase.

BB
    it is better to look and buy in person, i called there place today and asked about a few colors i use and wondered if they changed, she said it was the picture, I also asked her what the number 1 color was that they sold and i would like to see how many her mention it and see if she wasn't just blowing smoke at me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ready2fish View Post
    it is better to look and buy in person, i called there place today and asked about a few colors i use and wondered if they changed, she said it was the picture, I also asked her what the number 1 color was that they sold and i would like to see how many her mention it and see if she wasn't just blowing smoke at me
    I would say JUNE BUG If i was to guess but i fish one color and have for years and there is no CHART. in it what so ever and it is my go to and if a spinner is added its all over.
    I think with water clariety/and the body of water you are fishing and all the above its up to the lake and the individual/persistencey and a whole lot more,but for me it works! Just my opp.
    What lake do you fish and what are the lake colors on your lake ? Much like bass fishing alot of lakes have lake colors wheather it being for Bass Pan fish,small mouth Northern pike etc...
    If i start to fish a new lake i hit up the local bait shop and "pick their brain" and the locals but the main Q is what are the lake colors then that is were i start! Some ask that for the mere purpose of not useing them colors,WHY? becuase everyone else has been useing them for years and something differnt might work!Like i said this is just me good luck friend RFY!!
    Last edited by ReelfootYankee; 06-01-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Default your correct

Quote Originally Posted by ReelfootYankee View Post
    I would say JUNE BUG If i was to guess but i fish one color and have for years and there is no CHART. in it what so ever and it is my go to and if a spinner is added its all over.
    I think with water clarity/and the body of water you are fishing and all the above its up to the lake and the individual/persistencey and a whole lot more,but for me it works! Just my opp.
    What lake do you fish and what are the lake colors on your lake ? Much like bass fishing allot of lakes have lake colors weather it being for Bass Pan fish,small mouth Northern pike etc...
    If i start to fish a new lake i hit up the local bait shop and "pick their brain" and the locals but the main Q is what are the lake colors then that is were i start! Some ask that for the mere purpose of not using them colors,WHY? because everyone else has been using them for years and something different might work!Like i said this is just me good luck friend RFY!!
    junebug has been mentioned now twice and thats what she said.

For the later part of your reply i understand threre are many factors and thats why i asked for a couple of go to first choice colors

good reply
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on the time of year. In the spring I too like junebug/chart., bubble gum/chart, black/chart, sourgrape,& Tenn. shad.

Post Thanks / Like

White w/chartreuse tail, JDG, black w/chartreuse tail. Just be sure to fish it slow, the crappie will do the rest!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast