Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging

This is all new to me but I spent the day installing a set of driftmasters and a set of double front seats. I am not sure how this is going to work so I did not buy any rods and am going to use what I have, I am using 2 12's, 4 10's, and 2 6.6 footers on the outside. I was not sure how to rig them so I just put 2 hooks, or 2 jigs on each rod with a 3/4 oz bell sinker on the bottom. I was not sure of weight size and I dug around and found I had these so I used them.

Anyone have any advise on this set up or a better one? I plan to take my daughter to Stockton next Saturday and fish some areas I have done well dragging crank baits around this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

No advice from me buddy. But if you'd let me know when the fry is I'd appreciate it. :D Good luck to you and your daughter.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 3/8 oz weights helps if it is windy. A lot of the guys just use 1/4 oz weights. I will use a 1/4 oz on bottom if I am using a double jig setup. The jigs are both 1/8 oz. I bought some cheap 12ft rods from monkscrappie.com. So far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use 3/4 oz. weight when the wind is up and if it is fairly calm I will use 1/2 oz. I mostly use tru-turn hooks and minnows on my rigs though. The extra weight comes in handy when you get hung up.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're on the right track P.B.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how you do i have been thinking about setting up for some spidder rigging at stockton. I am going up this weekend to try to fish with some lights of a night, I have never done that before then the next thing to do is try spidder rigging. I caught several back in birch branch last weekend on minnows kind of like spider riggin only with just two poles and moving as slow as i could with the trolling motor.We need to hook up and go some time pole bender.Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I will get some different size weights and see how well it works. I will post up a report this week. One more question what reels does everyone use?

WildhunterO66 where do you normally launch from? I will be launching Saturday from Ruark Bluff in a Red and Black Skeeter with Crappie.Com stickers on each side of the motor. If you fish Birch it sounds like we fish some of the same areas. If you see me come on over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I will get some different size weights and see how well it works. I will post up a report this week. One more question what reels does everyone use?

WildhunterO66 where do you normally launch from? I will be launching Saturday from Ruark Bluff in a Red and Black Skeeter with Crappie.Com stickers on each side of the motor. If you fish Birch it sounds like we fish some of the same areas. If you see me come on over.
    I use the Bass Pro uncle bucks crappie bait casting reels. They are only $9 and have worked very well. I also used blue tape to mark 1' from the reel on my poles, this makes it very quick to get the line to whatever depth I want. I start counting down when the sinker is at the surface and it seems to be very accurate. Good luck with your setup, it sure is a lot of fun spider rigging!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    This is all new to me but I spent the day installing a set of driftmasters and a set of double front seats. I am not sure how this is going to work so I did not buy any rods and am going to use what I have, I am using 2 12's, 4 10's, and 2 6.6 footers on the outside. I was not sure how to rig them so I just put 2 hooks, or 2 jigs on each rod with a 3/4 oz bell sinker on the bottom. I was not sure of weight size and I dug around and found I had these so I used them.

Anyone have any advise on this set up or a better one? I plan to take my daughter to Stockton next Saturday and fish some areas I have done well dragging crank baits around this time of year.
    I just got the Driftmasters installed on our boat. I will probably start trolling on LOZ with them. This weekend I caught an 18" wiper trolling, and if I was to hook in to that with 6 or 7 more rods I would have just had to start cutting line from all my reels. It dragged me all over the place. Let us know how your experience goes. Did you have to "install" anything on the double seat, or does it just slide into the post hole for your existing seat?

Post Thanks / Like

good luck bender, i mostly just use the weight of the jig i am using, single or double, now if it's real windy I will tie on a big bell sinker, just as long as the jig is at the depth i want it I always try to mark my line at the depth I want, easier to get back to the same depth every time, I use a sharpie, black, good luck,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast