Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Frying on a charcoal grill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frying on a charcoal grill

Anybody ever fry on a charcoal grill? I think it would be hard to keep the temp constant. I have a deep fryer but am at school and we can't keep propane tanks in our room. Any other advice for cooking my fish on a grill? Any good grillin recipes? thanks Ben
    What's worse, to be in church wishing you were fishin' or to be fishin' and know you should be in church?

Post Thanks / Like

I would be more worried about a guy using a charcoal grill in his room to cook fish than a guy with a propane tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Why dont you buy yourself a small electric fryer? I bought a GE brand that has a lid w/ charcoal filter help cut down the fish/grease smell.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

back in the mid sixties when i was in korea, it was common to be pulling dead koreans out of their hooches cause they was heating with charcoal without proper ventilation. a few years ago a couple kids on wylie brought their charcola grill into their pontoons "room" and was found the next day dead. I cant imagine your school allowing you to bring charcoal inside when they wont let you keep a propane tank. get you an electric fryer like a fry daddy if you gonna cook fish inside. if you frying a lot of fish, then move the cooking outside and use a deep fryer-------with propane.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Tarpon go to Wallmart and pick up a fry daddy they are not exp. and are electric they work good and are enough for two or three people . Bass pro. has a large electric fryier but the are around $100.00 I think.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

LOL i didnt think to mention that i will be grilling outside. LOL Ya'll gotta give me more credit than that! Thanks for the advice though
    What's worse, to be in church wishing you were fishin' or to be fishin' and know you should be in church?

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Wrap the fish filets up in aluminum foil and bake the fish on the charcoal grill. You can add butter and lemon juice on the filets before you wrap them up. They will be excellent eating this way and much healthyier than deep frying them.
    Who You Kiddin' Moose!?!?!? This is da SOUTH! If it ain't drownin' in grease it ain't edible! LOL

Actually, I like em that way too, if I could just sneak em in on the hubby that way
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

you could possibly "oven fry" filets on the grill by using foil packets that are open on top. this is what i would do: make little boats out of foil for each filet or two. Spray with a cooking oil spray. coat filets with a thin batter and then place in the boats. place on the grill. cook about 5 - 7 min. maybe less....
    but baking is good too. you could use a little beer instead of lemon juice, add diced tomatoes and onions...mmmmmmmmmmm i used to eat fish this way a lot!