Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hi vis line

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi vis line

I've seen a few posts in recent weeks about Mr Crappie and several other hi vis lines going to chinese mfg and losing quality in the process. I have used, and still use, BPS Offshore Angler tight line in 4lb hi vis and have no reason to switch. For a light line it's as tough as some 6lb I've had in the past. I thought that it had been discontinued but I'm happy to say that it is still on the shelf. I visited the BPS in Charlotte, NC this past week and found several spools of it on display. It is designed for salt water use, just don't tell the Crappie. I've spooled it on several of my reels, brothers reels, friends reels, and none have cussed me for it so I know they get good service from it too. Hope this helps some of you in search of that " good line " we sometimes have a hard time finding.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the mr crappie hi vis on all my panfish poles but will change if they sart inporting it.Thats what we need china line on our reels,poles and jigs that are made in china.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Wally Marshall hi vis line and yes it very strong line but the memory is horrible. I end up using a ton of my real magic just to make it manageable. I now use Sufix Elite hi vis and love it. Only problem is it's hard to find. I get mine from Grizzly Jig as well as ALL of my crappie gear. They are awesome people and they have everything you ever want crappie related. Talk to Lance Mansfield when you call and he will definately help you out. Just my take on the Wally Marshall line. One thing forsure, I will never buy another Wally Marshall rod. I've had 2 break, both of them were his pro series rods which are $50 some bucks. I was fishing with Pete last weekend and he also had a Wally rod break. They must be made in China.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out the Grizzly Jig website; that have an extensive amount of interesting jigs. I am going to call and get a catalog. It's worth looking at.
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Well I too have changed lines and brands this year. I went to a real strong Hi Vis Chartruse color line and its 6 lb test.Its expensive but well worth it to me. I have not broken off on a fish all year and caught 1 bass on crappie rig that was pushing 6 lbs. It will absolutely cut you fanger if you get hung on bottom and try to break it if you dont watch it. It is super tough stuff. Brand name escapes me at the moment but I think its got a P in the name. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yes your line is totally his vis. I saw it from over 100 yards away. What a glo! I use the same brand but in low vis. Cheatin' to watch your line. got to feel them. That is why I do not catch the fishes! Very tough line.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got so much of this now, it'll be a while before I need any more. At $5 a spool it's hard to beat. But if I start breakin off fish, all bets are off.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around