I have a recipe for Deep frying fish that you got to try.
I use a 16 oz box of Fryin Magic and put in a gallon zip lock bag.
next I put a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese in and then a 1/4 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash original spice. Than I use a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
next I mix this up in the bag.
Now I mix 6 eggs in a 8 inch square bowl, then I add 2 table spoons of milk and a dash of salt and pepper and mix it up really well.
After the Canola oil get to 350 I dip the fillets in the egg wash and then put into the bag and shake it and then take the coated fillets and drop into the hot oil. When the fillets come to the top they are done.
For an extra treat take some potato's and slice them about an 1/8th inch thick with the jackets on them (unpeeled). When you are done frying your fish dip the sliced potato's in the egg wash and then into the bag of fish batter and then drop them into the oil the same way you did the fish. You need to seperate the slices when you put them in the bag and make sure you get a good coating of mix on each slice. These will float to the surface the same as the fillets do. I guarentee you will like these.
Nothing better than crappie fillets and some of these potato's and a few slices of fresh tomato's with a cold glass of Ice tea.