Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Normandy Report

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Normandy Report

Took my wife to Normandy this afternoon around 5pm,though we had a short time on the water we still had a good afternoon. We fished Barton springs bridge and a couple of places in Carrol creek. Had two keeper crappie and 1 nice kentucky. Water temps was 79 degrees and boat traffic was terrible. Lots of floating trash in the water. Worst part was putting in at Fire lake, bunch of people swimming at the ramp and they will barely get out of the way. I wish TWRA would enforce their rules. I'm always affraid of a kid getting into a prop. My daughter Leah gets married in a couple of weeks but after that I hope to come to your June meeting and meet you guys. Everyone sounds like good folks to be around. I used to fish a lot of bass tournaments but it got to be to much like work. My biggest bass doesnt give me the trill of seeing a bobber slip out of sight!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob for that Normandy report.I look forward to meeting you at the June meeting.You are right about the club, just a bunch of good folks in our club.I was out spending time with the wife in Tullahoma today, but we did ride down to the Barton Springs ramp there on Normandy today and I was shocked at the pleasure boats and jet skis and even folks swimming there around the dock there and boats coming and going there too.Was a very crowded scene to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys"I used to live in Shelbyville back in 87' thru 90'Originally from Balt.MD.
    I fished that old damn there that supplies the George Dickles"distillery Has much changed since then?I would through 4"to 6" plastic worms against it from the rip rap" after that long walk down that asphalt bike path and let them sink til I got that ole FUNNY FEEL'N"Then Cross his flippin Eyes by god,and rare back onem again!!!!"he"he""I cant ever remember going home empty handed,or at least w/ out one Kentucky spot on the stringer"From there or the duck river"Red horse fishing was all new to me too!Til i met some old boys took me Knoodl'n"Now that was FUN!More fun that that lame old walking horse grounds that i lived 10min. down the street from"and all the goofy out of towners from god knows everywhere in the world would come to be stupid!lol"But Hell"You ain't fished til ya stuck ya hand down the gullet of an mean old Flathead boy"lol"...After we got back from Snipe hunt'n ya know...:rolleyes:he"he""I used to go w/ an old girl round Simms Rd. Headed tords Unionville,buy that old Musgrave",or Empire Pencil,Tyson Chicken factory also the talk was that Sandra Lock"lived round the Normandy damn area?" "lol"I got a Speeding ticket there just before I left to come home from work at Worth Batting Co.In Tullahoma Just as you come into Bedford Co.onto Main st."lol"in a cherry Midnight Green 69' GTO I had just bought..."I'd love to get back there some day"I could fish Percy Priest all day too across from the proving grounds of the military base for the smallies while waiting for the old gal to get off work from Hills Dept.Store In Nashville"Guess this old Yankee knows when he's missing a good thing"Like my mind for ever leaving"!!!he"he" You boys take care now" And leave some spots for me now"by god!I'm a laydown now cause she said she "loves me...," least a 1/2 hour"he"he" "I holla"
    grubs"

"WELL"...YOU ASKED"NOBODY TELLS ME NOTH'N!!!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the boat traffic was heavy all over yesterday. My Wife doesn't swim , so she's real nervous in a boat, and it looked like a wal mart parking lot between the loop and Devils step yesterday. Every one getting out after the crazy winter we had. Lookin forward to meeting you BBB, hope I can get to the meeting myself. Looks like I'll be doing most of my fishin during the week when these folks crowdin the water are somewhere else. Thank you God for cool weather that makes em go inside and leaves the lakes to us.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like our regular meeting place may have closed down. The past few times I've passed by, he's been closed; it doesn't look good. Steve said the other store was available but we have to be out by 9pm. I guess we will know more soon.....
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

I was afraid of that.Had heard they been closed alot by others.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the boat traffic was terrible on Old Hickory too.Went out Sat fished with a friend all day then took the boy and he buddy out today and it was worse today.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.