Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9-5 Labor Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9-5 Labor Day

Had another good day on the Lake. Dispite all the boat and jet skie traffic. Kept getting blowed of my ledge so went to the slip in the Marina again and caught over 100 Crappie and brought 62 home. They wasn't as big today as they have been. It was very overcast and the wind blew pretty hard at times.This scattered the fish out and didn't stack them under the pontoons like I like them.They moved shallower today and we got most of them out of 10-12 ft of water over the tree piles. The fish started out suspended about 5 ft off the bottom in 18 ft of water and ended up right on the bottom in 10-12 ft of water this afternoon. The bigger fish came out of the deeper water this morning. They ran from 10-12 inches today. Only had about 6 that was around 12 inch. The rest was 10 to 11-1/2. Another great day spent with my son on the water. He caught the, but I got the bigger ones.
    Hope Everyone had a great Labor day today, and had a chance to wet a line.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

What r ya us'in to put them fish in the boat? Jigs, minnows...
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

what state are you in and what body of water were you fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using minnows for now. I am in Ne. the lake is a private lake outside of Omaha and is called Beaver Lake. This fishery is well taken care of and monitored for fish quality and quanity. The local lakes around Omaha are run by the State or the NRD. They are polluted or the fish are stunted and no quality in them. They have such high size limits on them that they are virtually catch and release for most game fish except for catfish and you can take all of them that you want.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p