Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crank baitn/trolling jigs for crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crank baitn/trolling jigs for crappie?

I was just curious if any of you guys like to pull crank baits for crappie in the summer. I have seen it done on Woods before, and it works. I am at least gonna try some new techniques this summer. Maybe I can learn something new. I await to hear how you summer crappie fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've never seriously tried it but a few years ago I went out and bought a few c-baits and some 12' med action rods. I'd like to have line counter reels but didn't want to spend the money so I settled for some of my old baitcasters. Last week I set up four rods with 10lb line and bandits. I'm ready to start as soon as the water hits 80 degrees.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was that day on Tim's, Fishawk. Mark this on your calendar, I got my Wife out in the new boat today. Put in at Rock Creek at about 3:30, and it was way too busy for our liking. Went into a slough between Devils Step and the loop and chilled for a while, and things calmed down nicely. Water temps were 79 to 81 degrees while I had the T-motor down. Oh- no fish. but a good trip just the same.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

No fish but had a good time,she must be quite a woman!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Today was that day on Tim's, Fishawk. Mark this on your calendar, I got my Wife out in the new boat today. Put in at Rock Creek at about 3:30, and it was way too busy for our liking. Went into a slough between Devils Step and the loop and chilled for a while, and things calmed down nicely. Water temps were 79 to 81 degrees while I had the T-motor down. Oh- no fish. but a good trip just the same.
    JohnW

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Today

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    No fish but had a good time,she must be quite a woman!!!
    John, if she has put up with me for this many years(28) she deserves sainthood!!! Yes, quite a woman.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I saw 82 degrees water today on Woods, 5/31. It coming up pretty quickly now. Supposed to be warmer by weeks end I believe. I had to play lake lice today. The wife got a big tube so the kids had to go a ridce today. It was actally pretty quite on Woods. I was there from 11-3:30. After I got home and put up one toy I got the other one out. The Harley was whining in the corner so I rode around Normandy Lake. Now that looked like a Wal-Mart parking lot, as Tim put it. All of the boats docks were very busy. Kinda glad I went to Woods after seeing the crowd there.
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Wont be long till the night time bite will be on for crappie too. Should be on by sometime this month anyway.I sure hope its not real hot the day of our tourney.