PDA

View Full Version : Have had trouble with purple showing as purple and now..

skiptomylu
05-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Of course now I can't get chart to show up right; it's always something, LOL! I am having trouble with the chart showing as too yellow? Trying to learn how to use a studio as I now have this tiny studio for taking pics of jigs and flies.

Anyone have good knowledge on using a small studio with lighting and can help?

Oh and that is also my new custom green on the head. Just got some new green feathers I have not tied yet that I think will be better on and jig with green feathers, pictures later on that.

Skip
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Skip48/DSC03416.jpg

Fatman
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Skip

I've had trouble between the yellow and green chartreuse showing up in pictures too. I'm still learning the digital so I can't be much help there. Probably the best advice I can give you is check with Len over at ULF.com.

He's really good at digital photo's and can help more than I can.

Fatman

shipahoy41
05-30-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't have a studio so I can't help you Skip. That is a nice looking photo though.

Congrats on the studio.

Mike

skiptomylu
05-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't have a studio so I can't help you Skip. That is a nice looking photo though.

Congrats on the studio.

Mike

It's a tiny thing I got on sale on line. One of the guys on some board had a link to it and it was so cheap I couldn't pass. Came with case that you can't remove, LOL! But it did come tieh 2 lights and all.

Skip

foul hook
05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
I am red green colorblind. Now you know what that looks like.

AtticaFish
05-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Remember, the colors will look different on pretty much every monitor. May try some different backrgounds, black maybe? I have trouble with some colors and end up adjusting the colors in PhotoShop (most any graphic software does it) to what comes close on my monitor. PS has auto adjust for colors and contrast and they often solve some problems. Good Luck!

BTW - The head does look good and green. ;)

crappiepastor
05-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I am red green colorblind. Now you know what that looks like.

Ditto, I have a terrible time with colors. I thought about getting the Color C-lector, but I don't think I would be able to tell the colors on that chart either. So I stick with black/chartruse, black/white, blue/yellow/white about 80% of the time.

jaxsprat
05-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Well head & body look great,now if only the tail end look look like the neat jig in your post signature @ bottom of post. U do very nice work.

skiptomylu
05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Well head & body look great,now if only the tail end look look like the neat jig in your post signature @ bottom of post. U do very nice work.

Hi Jack,
It's only the difference in marabou and hackle tails and this one can have marabou. Matter of fact all my jigs can have a marabou tail and just about have every color in both so it's just what ever someone wants.

Thanks,
Skip

CrappiePumba
05-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Have you tried adjusting the white balance on the camera. Usually all you have to do is take a white piece of paper and put it in the same place as your jig. Then locate in the camera menu the white balance feature. Usually within a couple of attempts you'll get the white balance. You may have to zoom into the piece of paper if its small to set it if its a small piece of paper but keep the camera in the same place as you will be using to take your jig pictures. Hope this helps.

skeetbum
05-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Good lookin jig, skip. You'll work all that pic stuff out, just like you work out all the little details to make some of the best lookin jigs around.

split handle
05-31-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm not a photographer, but I'd guess that a neutral background of gray would probably let all colors display accurately.

skiptomylu
05-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Have you tried adjusting the white balance on the camera. Usually all you have to do is take a white piece of paper and put it in the same place as your jig. Then locate in the camera menu the white balance feature. Usually within a couple of attempts you'll get the white balance. You may have to zoom into the piece of paper if its small to set it if its a small piece of paper but keep the camera in the same place as you will be using to take your jig pictures. Hope this helps.

Been there and done that. Is why I bought this tiny little studio and now the purple is great on my pic, but other colors are not as I like.

I have always taken them with different back ground colors and just never could get purple to turn out like I wanted or just how it looks in person, but now it will in this studio, but having trouble with other colors. Chart lots of time tries to get too yellow for how it looks in person though, but now is worse.

Have a gray and blue back ground for the studio and have used everything from white to a wood back ground without the studio. Just looking for a simple answer as I can usually work it out so it's close enough. Just really wanted a easy thing that will work on all colors, but seems unlikely now.

Thanks guys,
Skip

CrappiePumba
06-01-2009, 02:49 AM
What kind of lights are you using? What kind of lamps are in the light?

skiptomylu
06-01-2009, 08:46 AM
What kind of lights are you using? What kind of lamps are in the light?

Don't have a clue as they came with the little photo box. I just figured if they came with the studio (I hesitate to call it that it's so small) they should be the right kind of lights to get good colors.

I am sure that at some point I will get it right and at least this little box made it a lot easier to get the purple to be purple and not blue. Now if I can just figure out how to keep the purple and get a good chart color to show at the same time I will be good to go.

Thanks,
Skip