Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back from the storm

roll tide rick Guest

Default Back from the storm

Lived thru another one. Got power back last night so came back to Mobile today. Been staying at the fish camp since Wed. since we had power. No major damage just limbs and such. Finding gas is better today since more stations are getting power and deliverys. Still lots of sections without power and traffic lights out. I'm about 30 miles from the Gulf and we were far enough from the eye to get a glancing blow. So end of county caught hell.
    We had a small fish kill at the the camp(45 miles north) but not as bad as Ivan last year.
    We had planed to pull the camper to Reelfoot last week, hoping to get there later this month.

Best to all
    Rick

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default storm

Quote Originally Posted by roll tide rick
    Lived thru another one. Got power back last night so came back to Mobile today. Been staying at the fish camp since Wed. since we had power. No major damage just limbs and such. Finding gas is better today since more stations are getting power and deliverys. Still lots of sections without power and traffic lights out. I'm about 30 miles from the Gulf and we were far enough from the eye to get a glancing blow. So end of county caught hell.
    We had a small fish kill at the the camp(45 miles north) but not as bad as Ivan last year.
    We had planed to pull the camper to Reelfoot last week, hoping to get there later this month.

Best to all
    Rick
    glad to theres no big storm damage--keep us posted on reelfoot
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Storm

Hello Rick, Glad you and family are safe. Hope you can put the pieces back together and will be ok. Take care and glad to have you back. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you and family are ok. We have in laws up here from mobile..who lost everything... and another in law from Biloxi who lost their roof. Everyone his healthy. Be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Collinsville MS and just got back on line today and sure have a lot of catching up to do here. I had some very minor roof damage which I was able to fix with some roof tar. Was without power for 3 days but my neighbor had a generator (I now have one) and he would let me run it here for about 10 hours total a day so I was able to save my freezer. Had to go to Birmingham to find a 5250 watt generator so I will be ready if it happens again. I feel real fortunate, 3 daughters that live 25 miles south of us were out for 7 days and lots more folks that live south of here don't know when they will be able to pick up their lifes again. Pray for them.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff