Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody heard this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody heard this

I got an e-mail from my son-in-law the other day, the mail said that starting next month, telemarketers will be able to access your cell phone just like they can your home phone, the e-mail also had a number you could contact to be put on a NO CALL LIST 888-382-1222 have ya'll seen or read anything about this.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Indiana has number attorney general office for blocking it in indiana don't rember the number

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lol ....

I'm just wondering how many cell phone users are going to give the telemarketers a chance to even get thru to them Most cell phone users that I see, seem to always have their phone to their ear, yacking away, or they're punching the buttons ... dialing or texting ... to the next person they want to yack with :D And that's when they're driving, walking, shopping, eating in a restaurant, and even some when they're supposed to be "working"

I guess the telemarketers will just have to leave them a voice mail :rolleyes:

I don't have a cell phone, and my land line phone is hooked up to a answering machine. I'm on the "no call" list, but I still get plenty of calls. But, I never answer the phone ... I let the recorder do that, then call the person back if I want to talk to them. Most calls I get, no message is left ... except wrong numbers, and automated ones. I have caller ID capability, but don't have it active, since I'm not going to answer the call anyway ... I don't need to know who's calling.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

have heard this a couple times last few years

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the national site for registering phone numbers and cell numbers. The one big thing is when tele-marketers call you on a cell YOU pay for the call not them.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Fatman

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Myself along with a couple of other family members have gotten calls on our cells from solicitors. I went to the link posted by Fatman and have not gotten any calls since adding my number, or is it because I am so nice to them when they call!!!!!!

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I've heard about it, but I surely hope it doesn't materialize.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yup. it's for real!!!

I have both landline and cell listed with the federal no call list. You
    have to do it every two years to keep it active. It cut my unwanted
    calls by 95%.

"Just do it"
    Crappiekiller3

Sittin here wishin I was out fishin!!!