Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What is your suggestion for best crappie lake the East Texas area in late september?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your suggestion for best crappie lake the East Texas area in late september?

I am traveling from Missouri to San Antonio in late September. I would like to stop and crappie fish a lake in central or East Texas, Southern Oklahoma, or Western Louisiana. I will only fish one to two days and will hire a guide. What is your suggestion of the best lake to catch good numbers of good size crappie at this time of year? Why? Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Fork, Bob-sandlin,pines their all gonna be pretty good it's just know'in where and what to fish!
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I don't understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Would have to chunk my dos centavos in on LOP. No matter where (depth, structure, whatever) you can find it on LOP.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board cracker, don't know much about east texas but sounds like lake fork, or lake of the pines might be good, i've heard good things about toledo bend also. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi AnimalCrackr.

Lake O' the Pines in East Texas is a great lake for early fall crappie fishing. The fish should be staged on deep water brush piles at that time. (15-25' deep). You shouldn't have any trouble getting on fish.

There are several other good lakes in the area, But I am partial to Lake O the Pines (LOP).

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with Lake O' The Pines. It has it all and plenty of big Crappie. I prefer to fish the standing timber for the big fish.
    Jerry