Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyder rigging a bass boat

oldwun Guest

Question Spyder rigging a bass boat

I know someone out there has a spyder system setup using a bass boat. it would need to be for the front of the boat. My boat is a multi-use boat so any help would be appreciated pics would be nice

Post Thanks / Like

oldwun, I have set up my bass boat for spider fishing. Added 4 new bases. Take a look of the pictures and see if they help. If you have any questions send me an email.

2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

what type bass boat do you have and what size . this is my 1979 bumble bee bass boat . http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rappieboat.jpg
    this is a closeup of the rack i made it is removablewith 2 buttons if not needed . http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oleholders.jpg
    Last edited by papasage; 09-05-2005 at 07:20 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 16ft Bonito with a 150 Merc. The front is rigged with a 4 pole Black Widow on each side of the seat. I also have 2 short spinning rods I can lay on the deck and run along side the boat. That gives me a total of 10 poles just for the front.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, krappiekrazy I like that setup better than any other home brews I've seen.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default here is my homemade setup

cost about $100 for everything, and a few gifts from a welder
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default more setup pics

my ideas for my setup came from a combination of Brad Whitehead and Jeff Barns boats. The two rod base really keeps the rods steady in rough water. Jeff's setup is easy to take the holders off his boat when he gets home. I wanted my holders to be two seperate holders so that I can get into the boat and not have to climb over the holders. I can tightline and troll with my holders on a 45 degree angle. The holders on the back in the picture are setup for tightlining, but this time of year I have them straight across the back to troll easier. I am thinking about putting them on a 45 degree angle also for one al year round setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by David Waters; 09-06-2005 at 05:37 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Okay guys, I need your help. I have never done any spider rigging before, because I have never owned a boat until about a year ago. To see a picture of my boat, go to fisherboats.com and look under the mod-v tab and view the prohawk 170. Tell me if you think I could set up a spider rig on the front deck. krappiekrazy, I really like your set up. I'm not sure if I could do that set up on my boat or not. How did you mount your base plates? Did you have to drill out a hole in the deck for the support rod to go in the base plate? Also what is the best way to mount the bases of different setups. Do you just screw them down to the deck of your boat and will it effect the stability of the deck ovr a period of time? I also dont know how to pick out a good area for spider rigging. What do you guys look for when selecting areas to spider rig? Do you just sit stationary over deep water where you have located fish? How high off the water do the rods need to be or does it matter. Please give me the basics. I think I would like to try rigging my boat up for this to add a little something new to my game. These may be dumb questions, but like I said, I had never owned a boat before.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieseeker, I went to the site you listed. The Prowawk 170 has the risgt floor plan for spider rigging. Bought my bases from wally world. They are just standard threaded bases (use threaded to keep from losing the rack in rough water). Yes you have to drill holes in your deck for the bases. This is my 4th boat to set up this way (allways contact the boat company to see if there is any supports under the deck that would be in the way. Some boats have access holes to see). The vertical supports is just seat pins(wally world). If you have never fished this I suggest going to www.crappiestuff.com under articals read "Spider Rigging 101" by Richard Williams. Also go to www.monstercrappie.com under products and order the book "Winning Crappie Secerts". This book is a must have about vertical trolling. Sent me an email for more pictures. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Okay guys, I need your help. I have never done any spider rigging before, because I have never owned a boat until about a year ago. To see a picture of my boat, go to fisherboats.com and look under the mod-v tab and view the prohawk 170. Tell me if you think I could set up a spider rig on the front deck. krappiekrazy, I really like your set up. I'm not sure if I could do that set up on my boat or not. How did you mount your base plates? Did you have to drill out a hole in the deck for the support rod to go in the base plate? Also what is the best way to mount the bases of different setups. Do you just screw them down to the deck of your boat and will it effect the stability of the deck ovr a period of time? I also dont know how to pick out a good area for spider rigging. What do you guys look for when selecting areas to spider rig? Do you just sit stationary over deep water where you have located fish? How high off the water do the rods need to be or does it matter. Please give me the basics. I think I would like to try rigging my boat up for this to add a little something new to my game. These may be dumb questions, but like I said, I had never owned a boat before.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info krappiekrazy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast