Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need a campsite at Bucksaw Fri 5/29!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a campsite at Bucksaw Fri 5/29!

Wife and I forgot to make online reservations earlier in the week for a campsite. Tried to do it Wed afternoon online, and its too late Has to be done at least four days ahead of time. Called and talked to the nice campground lady yesterday afternoon and she said as of then there were some spots still available, but NO phone reservations can be taken and its first-come first serve.

I'm hoping that when I pick Chris up from work tonight, we wont drive the 4.5hours out there and find the campground full! Probably won't roll in until after 9.

Sooooo... (finally he gets to the point).... I was wondering if any of y'all that were out there today might be willing to snag a campsite for us? We'd REALLY appreciate it, and we'd be more than happy to show our appreciation with some beverages, minners, whatever!

My cell is 314-724-6192 if somebody can lend a hand.
    Thanks folks.
    Ralph
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Ralph, just come on down and set up your campsite. Then take care of it the following morning. They will be just fine with it. I have done it several times as I work nights and go down after work sometimes. Just don't setup in one that has a reserved ticket on it. Hope to see you this weekend.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BillBob
    We've done that before also... I was more worried that there won't be any empty sites available by the time we get out there late!

We'll cross our fingers. If nothin' else, maybe we'll sleep in the truck - and the one-pole guys'll be sure to wake us up when they launch if'n we sleep on the boat ramp. :rolleyes:

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be plenty of sites. Usually only three weekends a year that they fill all the way up.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it will be filled up. Motels would be a whole different animal tho. If I was closer, I would be glad to do it for you. If I had known yesterday, I would have done it. I was down there yesterday morning.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I to was with in 3 or 4 miles of there this morning. Been up for 24 hours and still have the yard to mow or I would run back down there for you. I talked to beagle around noon. He is on his way to his camper he may be able to run down for you.

Post Thanks / Like

No sweat, guys... I'm used to some of our other favorite campgrounds (not at Truman) where if you don't get there by noon on Friday you're out of luck. Wasn't sure with the 1-pole dealio being there this weekend if they'd fill the campgrounds today.

Got my new C.Com sticker on the Tahoe today - to match the one on the boat. Stylin' Now all we need are some spinnin' rims for the boat trailer. :D

If you see us out there this weekend, make sure to thank my Mrs for puttin' up with me for another year... its our anniversary this weekend and we're spending it fishing! (Dang, I did good) Been together since she was 15 and I was 17. So that'd be (lets see, add the 4, carry the 3, mmmmm...... 5 years?)
    Last edited by rlsiv; 05-29-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wish I Would Have Known!

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    Wife and I forgot to make online reservations earlier in the week for a campsite. Tried to do it Wed afternoon online, and its too late Has to be done at least four days ahead of time. Called and talked to the nice campground lady yesterday afternoon and she said as of then there were some spots still available, but NO phone reservations can be taken and its first-come first serve.

I'm hoping that when I pick Chris up from work tonight, we wont drive the 4.5hours out there and find the campground full! Probably won't roll in until after 9.

Sooooo... (finally he gets to the point).... I was wondering if any of y'all that were out there today might be willing to snag a campsite for us? We'd REALLY appreciate it, and we'd be more than happy to show our appreciation with some beverages, minners, whatever!

My cell is 314-724-6192 if somebody can lend a hand.
    Thanks folks.
    Ralph
    I WAS THERE BEFORE 5 AM THIS MORNING WITH THE WIFE AND IF WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE WE LEFT UP THERE ABOUT 12:30 PM TODAY WE WOULD HAVE WENT AND GOT YOU A CAMP SITE!

DAN

HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW TO HAVE INTENET IN THE PICKUP DOING 80 PULLING A BOAT YET!