Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bummin in da woods again

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bummin in da woods again

Haven't had a chance for a mid week, low stress trip in a while, so I hooked up with my farmer friend Billy. We hadn't wet a line together since Easter. Launched about 6:30 and ran up to a slough near the Dam. 1 fish. Tried a point that had been good to me in the past. No fish. Candy store, here we come. took home 26, nothing over 12" but we had fun. Moved off when it slowed and returned later to finish off the day. Billy pitched his 4lb cherrywood rig with an assasin near some rocks, rod doubles over and stays there. 6lb cat, took over 5 minutes to net. Next cast, BANG. Same thing, 5 1/2 lb this time. What a fight. Good fishin, good weather, good friends. If it gets better than this, don't tell me. Thanx for reading, tight lines.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Wtg Tim. Glad ya had a great day today fishing.Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

anytime you can get on the water with freinds or family it's a great day.i'm glad you and your freind could enjoy it.by the way how's that boat doing?has the new worn off of it yet?
    GOD loves fishermen,the earth is 75% water

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Tim. I remember when you had trouble finding fish on Woods. You have come a long way and will continue to get better as long as you don't listen to any advice I have to give you. LOL FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta keep you out of that "candy store" You will end up gettin fat like me. Maybe them catfishes need a dose of the trashtrout?
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Contemplating Jug trip tonight.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BOS - no, the new hasn't worn off yet. Got the Wife out in it today and we had a good time. C1- You can't keep this kid out of the candy store. I'll get run off one day but til then...... Trashtrout- rip tap left of candy store was cat city thurs am. Good luck on the bouncin jugs. Fatboy- we haven't shared a boat yet but you teach me all the time. One day I'll get the deepwater tactics down a little better and I'll quit chasin and start catchin.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I can tell Ive stayed up too late I think.I cant understand Skeets shorthand sometimes during the evening and I sure cant tonight.I will have to call you next week and get all these abbreviation definitions from you.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Punished a lot of brain cells when I was younger, brain works different.