Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xpress 18' boat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Xpress 18' boat ?

Have been looking at an Xpress hyper-lift series boat (H-18). I have a 16.5 lowe boat at this time with a 40 hp etech motor, it's a good rig. So, I am in no hurry to get a new boat. I am taking this time to do some research before any commitment is made. I believe the motor I would like to have fitted on the Xpress boat would be a 115 hp 2-stroke yamaha. I know 4-stroke motors are nice but I like a 2-stroke motor.

Considered a fiberglass boat, but I fish the river a lot and think an aluminum boat would be a better option. Plus, the fiberglass boats are a little too expensive for me.

Was curious what you guys thought of the Xpress boats. Are their boats quality fishing rigs? Also, the H-18 boat is fitted with a yamaha motor. Is the yamaha motor a dependable motor?

Thanks for your input, Huck.
    The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at them hard last year. I was going to go with the H17. These boats are built for speed. The aluminum I found to be the same as any other tracker, lowe, g3. It will dent, but the only other way to go is have a custom boat builder build one. The guys I know on the Mississippi all have AAD boats. They are heavy gauge and will not dent, in fact I was fishing with my boss and he doesn't have a trolling motor so he drives his boat up on the trees. Crazy I know but I have seen it in person and for some reason the fish still bite. I would suggest an Optimax if you are going to go with a 2 stroke but it might cause problems since the xpress comes stock with yamaha's. I went with a triton fiberglass because it was 4000 cheaper. September sale at Pro's Choice Marine.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey huck, check out the xpress h18pfc. It's one sweet crappie boat if it's what you are looking for and it will accept up to a 150. I have a friend who has a h18 w/ hyperlift and it is definately built for speed. If I recall he has a 115 4 stroke and it would run 43 w/ his 400 lbs driving.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Mercury and a Johnson, and dont have a problem with either. My friend is running a Yamahama and loves it. Dont know anything about the boat. I would make sure there are no rivits. Got to be welded hull.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been considering an Xpress boat for the last year or so, but haven't been able to make a decision. The one I was looking at had almost everything I wanted in a boat. Then my wife started talking about a pontoon. Wasn't too crazy about that idea just yet, so I looked at the SeaArk boats. Some of those models have pontoon features in a boat package. Anyway, the SeaArk has a heavier gauge aluminum (.125) than most other boats. I would suggest giving them a look also. The motors on SeaArk are Suzuki, which I know are a very good motor.

Post Thanks / Like

+2 Suzuki

Post Thanks / Like

Huck I got a 18.5 foot stratos I am trying to sell great boat, not aluminum i looked at them hard those express are high dollar. My boat is 2007 with 33 months warranty left on Merc 150.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huck Finn View Post
    Have been looking at an Xpress hyper-lift series boat (H-18). I have a 16.5 lowe boat at this time with a 40 hp etech motor, it's a good rig. So, I am in no hurry to get a new boat. I am taking this time to do some research before any commitment is made. I believe the motor I would like to have fitted on the Xpress boat would be a 115 hp 2-stroke yamaha. I know 4-stroke motors are nice but I like a 2-stroke motor.

Considered a fiberglass boat, but I fish the river a lot and think an aluminum boat would be a better option. Plus, the fiberglass boats are a little too expensive for me.

Was curious what you guys thought of the Xpress boats. Are their boats quality fishing rigs? Also, the H-18 boat is fitted with a yamaha motor. Is the yamaha motor a dependable motor?

Thanks for your input, Huck.
    Xpress boats are super fine boats. They are build about 25 miles from here. I would love to have one myself, but I have enough for now.

The Yamaha. I have a 25 year old 40hp and a 150hp (2001) and love them.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a glass boat over 4 years ago. Was looking at Express, best I remember there was really no difference in price. You are right on in choosing 2 stroke over 4, there is no comparison in performance. Whatever you buy I would suggest maxing out on horsepower. You will not regret, and fuel costs will not be more.

Post Thanks / Like

got one and love it.......try this website
    Xpress Boats: BBC Boards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast