Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Walley Marshall Round Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walley Marshall Round Reels

Hello,
    I just purchased a Walley Marshall Deluxe Round Reel and would like some input from others who have this reel. The complaint I have, with this reel, is that the tollerances (sp?) between the spool and the frame, of the reel, are so big that the line will slip through this space and then the reel is unusable and you have to take it apart to remove the line.

I have filled the spool to within about 1/8" of full. Do you find that if you put even less line on the spool you don't have this problem?

Any other suggestions or comment?

Thanks for anyone taking time to reply.

Post Thanks / Like

I Have 4 of them and have the same issue. Putting less line on them solved it for me. Reel is also hard to release line and one of mine broke shortly after getting it. I just set the drag loose and release line by pulling drag. The drag system is OK and they do reel in so I'm going to use them until they break and will probably not buy them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the old smaller ones or the newer, lager one that they came out with?

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking at one as we speak. I dont have any time for such trash. I cant give it away.

Post Thanks / Like

the ones I bought a couple of years ago did not even last thru post spawn, went back to BnM reels and zebcos

Post Thanks / Like

Which one is this? Will someone post a pic?

Post Thanks / Like

I use them all the time with little or no problem. I leave about at least 1/4" space from the line to the spool and cinch the line tight on the spool. The biggest trick on any of these reels is to be sure and run the line UNDER the bar where the line feeds out to the rod.
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

you get what you pay for. there's just too much junk out there now with the fast moving crappie craz. back to the basic of the old fly reel for us one pole guys. it's even hard to find.....with a good drag

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

Man I thought it was just me. I bought 2 of the Wally Marshall signature reels. Not cheap $21 each. Same thing the line wrapped in behind the spool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Looks simple enough; run the line under the brace on front then it cant jump over the spool lip.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"