Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Lake Bust

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Lake Bust

Well went down to cameron again,,and again slept in the truck, all excited to be in my favorite area. I love going down there,but im really getting tired of not catchin any fish. Didnt sleep good in truck,,cause u know im a big guy,,,so I got up at 4:30am went to shrimp dock, got some fresh(dead) shrimp and crossed the ferry and launched. Headed to far south wier, saw 2 guides at the weir at daylight fishing. One was Jeff Poe so I jus knew we where in the right spot. Tide was moving good,so I was excited. Then tide stopped,,they really wasnt catching any fish either. We caught 1 trout at the weir and 1 black drum. Tide stopped,,the guides got on their cell phones and both headed out. We hung around for a little bit but no luck. We then head to south shore line,saw 3 shrimp boats in area so i figured must be lots shrimp so trout should be around,,,nothin,,,went to old jetties,,,nothin,,went to west cove and on west side of rabbit island ,the bait was busting everywhere. not a boat a mile around,MAN where they getting busted,,so I was excited again,,we threw a jig and hooked up with a nice pretty red,,so I thought we where on the fish. Some birds showed up and I thought it wouldnt be long till tout and other boats would be showing up,,,,the bait fish where getting hammered by schools of reds all around us. I made sure not to make any noise,but still we could not get hooked up again. We threw dead shrimp under cork,,jig with 4 different colors,,spinner,,NOTHING,IM LOSING MY MIND. SOME rain clouds moved in and the fish disappeared,,man I have no luck with these dang trout and redfish,,I was mad so we went back to the landing at 10:30,,and home at Deville at 2. The good news is they now have it 4 lane to LaKe Charles to ALexandria,,so from Alexadria to Lake CHarles,,hour and Half!!!65 mph is nice!! Still slow heading north but they are working on it. So now I can be around Big Lake in 2 and half hours!!!!!
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

You talking about 165 being finished with the 4 lane project?

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshrat View Post
    You talking about 165 being finished with the 4 lane project?

Warren
    YES !!! North bound lane is still a little slow,,but its faster,,heading south,,WOW what a big difference!!!!!
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

Man Brendon, hate that you didn't tear them up. Sounds like yall had the right conditions. That is when the fish make you want to pull your hair out! Sometimes it is just one color that they want and if you don't have that color you are stuck! Been there, done that!:rolleyes: Thanks for the report anyway and looks like yall still got to catch a couple of fish.:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!