Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing in Gulf Shores

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing in Gulf Shores

I am heading to Gulf shores the 13th of june and I am going to rent a kayak and fish out of it.What do I need to look for to catch Speckled trout?Do I need to look for grass ,boat docks or just any kind of structre?I wish the salt water wouldn't tear up my boat because I would just spider rig.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that area but where we fish in LA you look for the birds or you can find oyster beds and fish on top of those and pick up specks, reds, and flounders. Maybe someone from that area can help you more than I have.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Look for birds and bait working

Post Thanks / Like

When we wade, we look for grass,birds, and bait. If there is one close enough we wade next to oyster beds and generally you can usually hook up with big reds, speks and snook.

Best of luck to ya',
    Chris
    the15yr.old crappie fisherman.
    Fishin hard since 9/13/93

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The Bayside

Quote Originally Posted by fultondalecrappie View Post
    I am heading to Gulf shores the 13th of june and I am going to rent a kayak and fish out of it.What do I need to look for to catch Speckled trout?Do I need to look for grass ,boat docks or just any kind of structre?I wish the salt water wouldn't tear up my boat because I would just spider rig.
    For Bay Fishing Specs & Reds and maybe some flounder ..
    The reds can be right up on the bank ... Jig, Spinner bait, Buzz Bait or live bait (shrimp, bull minnows and etc.)
    The Specs ... under water grass as well as those "Dark Holes" ... Channels, Early & late Top water, Shrimp Tail, Grub Tail and etc on 1/4 oz jig head the rest of the day.
    I don't think the saltwater will tear up your boat.. I have used all kind in it, just a good washing and flushing of motor with freshwater ... If a boat will not go where I want to go .. not much use to me ... I fish Salt & Fresh in an Aluminum ....

Now their is the Gulf Fishing Surf, Pier and Boat ... Long list of how and where ...

Hope You have a Good Trip

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee