Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got the diagnosis today moose

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Got the diagnosis today moose

1165.00 for parts

1650.00 for a rebuilt lower section..

A good buddy of mine was over today and I was sharing my woes.. How am I gonna get to Santee, Patoka And Grenada over the next 5 weeks and spend 2 grand on motor parts.. I've been just sick thinkin' that I wouldn't get to fish for the most pretigious title you can have as a crappie fisherman. He started grinnin' and said I have that old 18' fishing machine in my pole barn that has been there since 1999.. It had been wrecked by an exemployee of his and just sat for a couple of years until he repeired it and stuck it back in to work on another day... He has a 21' Javelin fish & ski that he uses and had kind of forgot about this other boat.. I got home a bit ago from looking at it , and I think it will be great to use. It has some modifications to be done, especially the outfitting of a couple of Gotcha Gear products, Fish Finder , trolling motor and all the other things that you would need to check for almost three thousand miles of fishing tournaments, but I really believe it is gonna be alright. I could not ask for a better friend . He knows what these tournaments mean to me and stepped up to the plate to help out in a way that most guys would never fathom.. It may not be the Team Gotcha Gear Nitro , but bi golly I don't think the fish will care how pretty the boat is....
    The more we got to looking at it the more excited I got about fishing out of it.. I will probably be working on it over the next few evenings so my posts will probably not be as frequent, but I will keep you all updated, and I promise I will get you a good solid report on Patoka fishing with my techniques.. I visited with Tim Gibson after I got the wounded boat on the trailer, he says they have been catchin good off the grass, weeds, hydrilla or whatever you wanna call it. oh or millfoil.. ha ha ... Work deeper as the morning goes on to follow the transition of the morning bite to the less active warm part of the day ... They are coming off of stumps slowly vertical jigging...
    I am gonna go read a little bit and I will catch ya' later...... Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Ouche that is a lot of cash to repair that boat. But it's good to see that you have another boat to use until you get the lower unit on your boat fixed.

Hope you do well in your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Vowell
    1165.00 for parts

A good buddy of mine was over today and I was sharing my woes.. How am I gonna get to Santee, Patoka And Grenada over the next 5 weeks and spend 2 grand on motor parts.. I've been just sick thinkin' that I wouldn't get to fish for the most pretigious title you can have as a crappie fisherman. He started grinnin' and said I have that old 18' fishing machine in my pole barn that has been there since 1999.. It had been wrecked by an exemployee of his and just sat for a couple of years until he repeired it and stuck it back in to work on another day... He has a 21' Javelin fish & ski that he uses and had kind of forgot about this other boat.. I got home a bit ago from looking at it , and I think it will be great to use. It has some modifications to be done, especially the outfitting of a couple of Gotcha Gear products, Fish Finder , trolling motor and all the other things that you would need to check for almost three thousand miles of fishing tournaments, but I really believe it is gonna be alright. I could not ask for a better friend . He knows what these tournaments mean to me and stepped up to the plate to help out in a way that most guys would never fathom.. It may not be the Team Gotcha Gear Nitro , but bi golly I don't think the fish will care how pretty the boat is....
    The more we got to looking at it the more excited I got about fishing out of it.. I will probably be working on it over the next few evenings so my posts will probably not be as frequent, but I will keep you all updated, and I promise I will get you a good solid report on Patoka fishing with my techniques.. I visited with Tim Gibson after I got the wounded boat on the trailer, he says they have been catchin good off the grass, weeds, hydrilla or whatever you wanna call it. oh or millfoil.. ha ha ... Work deeper as the morning goes on to follow the transition of the morning bite to the less active warm part of the day ... They are coming off of stumps slowly vertical jigging...
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick I hope the water will be back inside the banks when you come to Santee. All the rivers are out of the banks here and still on the rise. I rode across the Congree today and it was 'RED" and looked like it was a logging river with all the wood floating down it.

Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Vowell
    1165.00 for parts

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lower unit

What brand motor, hp and year did you lose the lower unit on? I know a fellow that just blew the powerhead on a Johnson who may part the motor out.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a Mercury 115.. That is not good news to hear about the lake being out.. Do you think it will be down before classic time?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lower unit

My buddies motor was a Johnson 115, I think about a 93 year model.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I don't think, but I don't know for sure , wether or not motor parts are exchangeable.. If someone knows, give us a hollar'...