Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Let' s all bow our slabstiks for those in the Gulf of Mexico region

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let' s all bow our slabstiks for those in the Gulf of Mexico region

Kaptain K here --

I thought it would be appropriate to give our fellow Americans in
    the storm-ravaged south a little boost of hope . My heart goes out
    to these folks ( I have a few relatives and friends in the area )....
    let' s help them in any way we can ....
    Here in the northeast , we are certainly not exempt from the potential strike-zone of such a monster 'cane . in fact , tropical storm " maria " is whirling and organizing her ugly self out in the mid-Atlantic as I write this message ....and coursing directly towards New England ......though she' s not expected to give us too much trouble --- but you never know about 'canes !! They do have a "mind" of their own , and are extremely unpredictable .
    Anyhow , not to dwell on doom and gloom ..... let' s help out these
    poor folks any way we can . Remember how they came 'a runnin' up to our neck of the woods after 9/11 !!

Just wanted to express some compassion for these victims ....
    Kapn' k --- over and out

Post Thanks / Like

well put kapt....what a nightmare..........have faith............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks people!

Just read your note and wanted to say thanks! I'm from the middle of the state and wasn't directly affected by the storm, but know people that were and it's good to know that we Americans can pull for each other, being crappie fisherman or not. We all are and will be indirectly affected by this for years to come and just like 9-11, as much as one each hurt, we can get thru this. My hat's off to you!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Hopes For A Quick Recover

TO MO'N BACK AND ALL THE OTHER UNFORTUNATE INDIVIDUALS AFFECTED BY THESE STORMS ;

I can say without hesitation that your fellow Americans are watching , praying , and trying to help in any way that we can .

I must say , however , that as U.S. citizens , we are outraged by the lax , delayed response by our overpaid , fatcats in the federal government ..... these fatcats don' t have ( and never have had ) a
    bloody CLUE , as to the sufferings of those who aren' t wealthy .

Personally , I find it disgusting that these feds are more concerned about their potential losses in oil stocks and vacation homes . I just wish there was some damned way to get some more compassionate and understanding individuals elected and working in congress ...... too bad that this idea is but a pipedream........ we all know that it' s MONEY that gets officials elected , and the weathiest ones are the ones who do fill those
    congressional seats .

Anyhow , two major hurricanes back-to-back in the same region
    are too much for most people to bear .
    My personal thoughts are with all those affected .

Kapn' K.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo'nBack
    Just read your note and wanted to say thanks! I'm from the middle of the state and wasn't directly affected by the storm, but know people that were and it's good to know that we Americans can pull for each other, being crappie fisherman or not. We all are and will be indirectly affected by this for years to come and just like 9-11, as much as one each hurt, we can get thru this. My hat's off to you!