Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sospenders

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sospenders

BPS has an assortment on sale now. Now all I have to do is decide which one. The world class is marked down to $169.88 but they ruined them by putting the BASS logo on them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey IBNFSFN, when we went to Dallas,to visit my Son, my Father-in-Law bought him one at Bass Pro. He almost bought the B.A.S.S. model but then I noticed that the next model down had all the same features but without the logo.

Pop bought that one instead and I think it was like $149.00 on sale. He weighs about 250 lbs. and the rep., who was there for that sale, said that this vest was exactly the one he needed.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    BPS has an assortment on sale now. Now all I have to do is decide which one. The world class is marked down to $169.88 but they ruined them by putting the BASS logo on them.
    ....they "ruin" a lot of stuff cramming that shield on it.....shame they don't realize that we don't want to advertise for them....haha :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit
    Hey IBNFSFN, when we went to Dallas,to visit my Son, my Father-in-Law bought him one at Bass Pro. He almost bought the B.A.S.S. model but then I noticed that the next model down had all the same features but without the logo.

Pop bought that one instead and I think it was like $149.00 on sale. He weighs about 250 lbs. and the rep., who was there for that sale, said that this vest was exactly the one he needed.
    Are you refering to the "Eliminator" model? I like that price a lot better. Marked down to $109.88.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey IBNFSHN, I don't know the exact model right off hand but it had the high amount of floatation like the B.A.S.S. model. I just made myself a note to go over to my Father-in-Laws boat tomorrow and see if I can get the model of his SOSpenders for you. I'll put another post here when I find out.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

The world class model has the most with 35 lbs of floatation, the othe model of there is 25. I would go for the world class if you are heavy like my self. Or fish in the winter with heavier cloths on.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Hey IBNFSHN, I just got back from checking on that vest for you. He doesn't have the package in the boat but I looked the vest over.

The model# is 38A LNG

I believe that this stands for 38 lbs. of floatation,(the maximum that they make), automatic or manual operation, and probably long to fit a tall person well.

It is blue with red stripes and has silver reflective strips in-between the red stripes.

That's why I suggested that Pop look at this vest instead because it had the same amount of floatation.

Hope this helps!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hope that this may help.

I always wanted one of these being a good swimmer but fishing a lot alone I will ware mine when in the boat at all times. As much as I hate going to Wally-World they had them mark down to $11.00 so I called a friend and bought all 6 of them. And got the refills for $2.00. Before it gets cold here I will have to put on some winter closes and see how they do.

Here is what I found on mine Sospenders.
    On package it says Model 8030439
    Buoyancy 22lbs
    USCG III
    Uses re-arm kit 24mrk
    Manual

On Vest Model 24M SPT
    User weight More that 80lbs Chest size 30-52 inches
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the good info. I'll have to go over there so I can check the out closer.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va