Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 5/24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5/24

Just got off the water about 7:30 -- continued my streak of catching lots and lots of little bitty fish. Couldn't get a bite on roadrunners in the coves, couldn't catch em next to the timber on jigs, glad I read Shortstorie's post from earlier and grabbed some minnows. We fished em about 2 ft under a bobber all around the coves and caught 8 or 10 short fish right on the bank, but not one keeper. Tried fishing deeper and in deeper water out from where the small ones were and couldn't get a bite--does that mean the big ones are finished?

Caught a whole bunch of little channel cats too, so that kept things interesting. Great day--beautiful weather, caught some fish so I really can't complain.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember Matt a day of fishing is better than working
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like all in all it was a good day to me. Think of it this way..................................you could have been out power washing the deck in the rain instead of fishing.

Don't forget to look me up when you make it to Springfield.

Take care buddy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I will Chris...probably be a couple more weeks. Looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like

hey hawg, the big ones bite all year, just got to keep looking for them, thats the fun of fishing for them rascals, anyway you got out and thats makes it a good day, get in the area give me a shout later man

Post Thanks / Like

A poor day on the water is better than a poor day anywhere else, Matt. Come on down and fish Truman with me sometime. Maybe you can put me on some fish.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.