Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minnow "live well" in your boat deck?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnow "live well" in your boat deck?

Anybody have a boat that came with (or that you installed later) a small "live well" for minnows? I have an older Skeeter with two divided live wells in the back, but use a minnow bucket with a portable aerator so I don't have to chase minnows around one of the big main livewells when I'm by myself - and when I'm fishing with the family we're (usually!) putting fish in both livewells to keep them segregated (per MDC).

Sometimes to keep from having to walk back to the consoles and get down into the minnow bucket, I sometimes use a small mason jar to sit on the deck up front and keep 1/2dozen minnows in for easier access. But more than once I've kicked it over, and I obviously have to take it back to the main bucket when I move spots, etc.

FINALLY - HERE IS MY POINT.... I'm thinking of putting some type of smaller "livewell" up in the front deck somewhere. Anybody know of a flush-mount bait livewell (anywhere from a quart up to maybe a couple of gallons) that is made for after-market install (or that maybe one of you have improvised) to do this?

Figured I'd ask around here before I started designing something myself from scratch.

Thanks,
    Ralph
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Boat

My New Boat Came With On Board Minnow Buckets Inside The Livewells. And My Livewells Are Setup With 2 Compartments Each So I Can Keep 4 Peoples Fish Apart.

My Old Boat Was Just A 16' V-bottom. I Just Got A Little Cooler And Put One Of Those Livewell Kits In It And Hooked It Up To The Battery. Really Easy To Make Then When I Needed Minnows I Just Took The Cooler To The Baitshop With Me. I Put A 2 Plug Disconnect On It And Put A Lighter Plug On Another Cord Then Plugged It In To The Lighter In The Pickup To Transport Minnows. Its Great If Your Bank Fishing And Driving Long Distances. If You Would Like I Can Pm You The Livewell Kit.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default On Board Minnow Bucket

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get an on-board minnow bucket with slits in the bottom that fits right into the opening of most live wells. I bought my boat used and it was gone.

Thanks

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lnitch View Post
    I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get an on-board minnow bucket with slits in the bottom that fits right into the opening of most live wells. I bought my boat used and it was gone.

Thanks
    Think you are talking about one of the round buckets that come in tracker and some other boats. If so I bought mine from BPS. Two piece bucket but inside is same, has slots in bottom and sides, tapered bottom.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and even Some Wal-Marts have them. I purchased a couple of spares for my boat.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Risiv, if you have a boat dealer around I would search around them to see if they have any old salvage boats laying around and see if they have something you could use. I know on some of the older small Skeeter boats they had a small live well mounted in the bow that would be perfect for what you want to do. Good luck.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks