Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Piece Of Fishing Equipment And Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Is Your Favorite Piece Of Fishing Equipment And Why?

Everyone Has One Piece Of Fishing Equipment That You Use That Is One Of The Best Purchases You Have Ever Made. Its The One Thing That You Use To Make Fishing Easier For You. Its The Thing That You Think Everyone Should Own.

I Will Share Mine And You Share Yours.

I Have To Give Credit For Credit Due. One Morning I Was Watching Hank Parker On Tv. At The End Of His Show He Was Talking About Installing And Replacing Fishing Line On Reels. The Trouble Of Trying To Get Family Members To Help You. And The Time It Takes To Put Line On Reels. This Is How I Found Out About This Product And Now I Have 2 That I Have Owned For Years.

Berkleys Spooling Station Is The Best Purchase I Have Ever Made! Costs About $30.00 Less If You Catch It On Sale. You Can Find It At Any Major Fishing Tackle Store And Even Wally World. This Thing Is Portable, Light, Easy To Use, And Fast. It Works On All Type Of Reels And All Weights And Sizes Of Spools Of Line. I Am Using It Currently On A 3,000 Yard Spool That I Purchased. It Maintains Constant Line Tension When Installing Line On Your Reels. It Includes A Line Stripper With A Built In Line Cutter. I Have Used This Thing On Casting Reels, Bait Casting Reels, Spinning Reels, With Braided Line, Heavy 25 Lb Mono, And Light 4 Lb Line.

Before I Purchased This Product I Never Could Get Line Installed Correctly. Either I Put Line On Backwards Or I Didn't Get The Tension Correct. I Ended Up Fishing Only Once With A Reel And Pulling New Line Off It And Replacing It Again.

Now I Can Replace Line On Reels In Just A Few Minutes Without Making A Mess Or Screwing It Up Putting It On.

Now What Is Your Piece Of Fishing Equipment That You Use That You Think Everyone Should Have And Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say my favorite thing to have in the boat is my daughter. Without her, I'd have to put the rod down to get a minnow, a beer, sunblock, etc. :D
    Even when she gets bored fishing on her own, she loves to come stand/sit up front with me and talk about everything thats going on. I hope she still wants to fish with Dad in another 6-8 years.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    Gotta say my favorite thing to have in the boat is my daughter. Without her, I'd have to put the rod down to get a minnow, a beer, sunblock, etc. :D
    Even when she gets bored fishing on her own, she loves to come stand/sit up front with me and talk about everything thats going on. I hope she still wants to fish with Dad in another 6-8 years.
    YOUR A VERY LUCKY MAN! AND YOUR SO RIGHT.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grip-N-Check measuring board would be one of mine. My Ego Reach net for the ones you do not need to measure. RSLIV I would say you have yourself a fishing partner for life. She will grow up and spend more time doing other things but she will not forget the good times spent beside you in the front of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

kc baller:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's so sad, Jeffie. I feel your pain!

Foot controlled trolling motor is the greatest invention ever!
    Next would be the ZARA SPOOK. Yeah, yeah, I know it's for going after those "other" fish. I still love the thrill of seeing a big bucket mouth explode on one.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Sam (HOOKEDONFISHIN) because we take his boat 90% of the time and he runs the trolling motor and I just sit back there and fish. :D:D:D

Of course I don't guess I had to pay for him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    I would have to say Sam (HOOKEDONFISHIN) because we take his boat 90% of the time and he runs the trolling motor and I just sit back there and fish. :D:D:D

Of course I don't guess I had to pay for him.
    Lucky dog!! Wish I could find me a Sam........or a Samantha. :D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Boat

And Everything Hooked To It..... The Livewell The Best... Good Place To Store Meat.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Monty I swore you would have said a net. I bet come November and December I know what yours will be. And everybody else will wish they had one like yours also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast