Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Questions about a Michigan lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Questions about a Michigan lake

My wife and I are considering a fishing trip to Michigan next summer..probably in July. So I was looking on the internet and was reading about a lake called "Fletcher's Pond" in northeast Michigan. Can anyone tell me if the fishing is any good there and if the resorts that are on the lake are any good? It appears to be a lake that is rather shallow with lots of stumps and weeds. Does it get too weedy in the summer to fish much and are the stumps so thick you could easily tear up a lower unit or boat bottom? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated about the lake and/or resorts. Thank you for any responses...Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kenny. Funny you should ask and funny I should look at the Michigan board as I live in north Carolina. But... I married a girl that is from there. In fact we just postponed a trip up to see her folks because of the gas crunch goin on now. When we go up there I fish that lake with her dad and brother who live close to the lake. I can walk from their house down to the dam and fish but her dad also has a boat and takes me out and her brother took me ice fishing at Christmas time for my first time. Havent been up there since about June but fished then and caught some nice bass and her dad has told me that he is catching bass and some Pike also through the summer. I know here in the south the extreme heat makes the fishing tough in the summer but that doesnt seem to be the case there. As for the weeds and stumps.... yes there are both. The stumps dont seem to stop boaters from fishing the lake at all but there is a good amount of submerged timber such that you would not want to blast down the lake full bore and I would prefer a jon boat type shallow draft ,or a pontoon as you see mostly this type boat on that lake. As for the resourts on the lake.... there are a couple but I only know of a couple by name. Paradise Lodge is a fishing lodge that rents rural type cabins and has tent and RV camping rents boats and sells bait. If you are looking for high end motel type accomodations this is not it. But its about 30 miles from Alpena which is the closest sizable town. Here is a link http://www.fletcherpond.com if you dont already have it. There is also Jacks Landing which I dont know much about on that lake. Fishin is purdy good there and there are other lakes in the area that you could check out as well.

Post Thanks / Like

FishCrazy..thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kenny I Left You A Reply On Another Thread But Here It Is Again. I Have Fished Fletchers Pond Or "Fletchers Floodwaters" As Some Of The Locals Call It. You Can Catch Fish There All Summer And You Never Know What Species You Will Catch. It Is A Blast To Fish But Be Prepared To Hang Up A Bunch. As Fish
    Crazy Said There Are A Lot Of Stumps And Timber There. When I Go I Use A Small V-hull With Only A Troling Motor. I Just Drift In The Breeze And Use Tube Jigs. I have Caught Many Nice Bass And Pike On Jigs And Tons Of Sunfish. It Would Be A Great Fishing Trip For You And You Don't Usualy Have To Worry About A Lot Of Boats. Let Us Know If You Go And How You Do.
    Last edited by magnum500; 03-16-2006 at 07:00 PM.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Magnum..thanks for the report..you make it sound like a place I will try soon....once again..thanks..I appreciate the help.