Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Pro

Fellas, I have to admit it; going to Bass Pro to me is like a kid being in the candy store. I went this afternoon with the wife and spent a little bit of money. Actually it was more than a little to some people, but if I can leave there and not spend over $100, I feel like I have accomplished something. I didn't today. It was around $150. I found some pretty nice Bobby Garland softbaits. I especially liked the Bleeding Shad and Black/Chartreuse 3" Slab Slayr's. The Slab Slayr's have a 3/4 round tail and it finishes to a point at the end. Have any of you tried those?
    My wife has always wanted to try that Banjo Minnow deal, so I got it for here. I'll have to try it out. She loves watching the info-mercial. If only the fish in the lake would perform like that, we would be slaying them.
    I talked to the guys behind the counter about the fish finders for a while. After seeing Steve's perform, its hard not to want to upgrade.
    In a few years, a computer will be telling you when to start reeling, huh?
    Well, like AA, I had to admit my addiction. Are there any others out there????
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Todd there is.I have waisted countless hours and dollars too stopping by bait n tackle places all over North Alabama.Was told to check out a place in Moulton Alabama. Moulton is not a place on the beaten path to keep it simple.Its a small town probably smaller than Winchester but 2 miles outta town on Old Moulton rd there is a store called Sheltons Clothing Inc.BigOrangeSlab told me that he was told by a truck driver to go by there and ask about the fishing stuff.You will then get directed to walk through these two long narrow alleys full of boxes and overstock everywhere into this huge room where there is 100's of fishing supplies.I could not believe it.This place while being mostly stocked with bass fishing tackle had a huge assortment of crappie baits as well.I think he buys overstock from the manufactors and retails out in several different ways,ebay etc and to those who are lucky enough to hear about it.Rods of all types,reels and high dollar quality items sold at much off normal prices and are still wrapped and sealed.I bought 20 bux worth of soft plastics there not needing a thing but couldnt pass up the bargains.Would have easily been 45 bux worth in tackle store. I also last week went to "Boaters World" which is going out of business and bought the complete remaining inventory of Southern Pro crappie jigs,80 packs all sizes and styles for 32 bux. I just now need to learn how to fish.Yes Todd, there are others.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

"I just now need to learn how to fish"
    OK GCF, there might be some that will buy that, but I'm not one of em. When I go to the "Goodie Store", no matter who's name is on the door, I stuff my hands waaaay down in my pockets and hold out as best I can. I've got so much now. I would probably be weak around the Bobby Garland stuff though, looks good to me and has a good reputation.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

For all you addicts dont go to cabelas bargain cave.I am also an addict but what makes it worse I fish for all native species.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoying fishing other species also. I probably spend more time bass fishing than crappie. I just like the fight I guess. If I want to eat, crappie will be chased. If action is wanted, I go after bass, stripers,ect. I caught a 3.5lb smallie Monday morning in Lick Creek at Tims. Those are the most fun to catch for me. Real fighters......
    I have been known to frequent rivers for trout also. I usually just catch and release them though. As long as I'm wetting a line I'm happy.......
    U.S. Air Force Retired

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I load the Bass gear, and go right to crappie fishin when I get to the lake. Defective gene?
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Nay, you just gettin older like me n like that slower pace i bet. lol